ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poobahs New Project - VTEC Yo Content

M135i and the shed
Gotcha. Will check out the compartment. Boot isn't half bad for that sort of car. Plenty for a weekend away.

Torque is indeed flat compared to forced induction but its certainly torquier than I expected and its not really its party trick anyway. Perfectly acceptable for general pottering about. :)

PH1 V6
Ahhhhh so this is where you ended up! ;)

Nice buy pal. I was tempted by an S2000 myself a while ago. Never actually got round to driving one though which is probably the reason i havent owned one yet.

Enjoy!

M135i and the shed
Very kind guys. I'm currently away skiing so can't wait to get home and start fettling. :)

RS172 Flamer
I can't help but look at these on autotrader/ph every other week! Look so much nicer with the hardtop IMO.

I totally agree, hardtop S2k is sex on wheels

About £3k. £4k will get you a supercharger or turbo kit to 400bhp................ALERT!

Supercharged V-Tec for the win! My friend had a supercharged EP3, it had 386bhp and left most in it's dust. I just love the concept due to it being basically the opposite of diesel cars. Diesel + Turbo = Daily (good mpg) --- Petrol + V-tec + Supercharger = Much fun (high revving)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
As I've said in other threads, I bought a cheap 02 plate last year to use as a commuter and its been awesome.

Was only going to keep it over the summer but was so good have kept it.

Did stick an ad up on here to sell it a few weeks ago but due to maybe buying a new house a new car is on hold so have to keep it, oh well ;)

It's surprisingly practical, do about 350 miles a week in it and lug a small suitcase, ice hockey kit bag, sticks and backpack in it (case has to go on passenger seat :p).

M135i and the shed
In a vague attempt to keep this updated I've started fettling. Nothing major and just really and attempt to get the car upto the right standard before I do anything else.

First ups, DC5 gearknob to replace the grim looking OEM one.

IMG_20130227_174332_zps9dcc93c7.jpg

IMG_20130227_174313_zps0d0c7e90.jpg

Then secondly I did a bit of a refurb job on the centre caps. The wheels were refurbed when I bought it but the centre caps were heavily corroded. £3 worth of decals and some halfords rattle cans and I think they look pretty good.

IMG_20130227_173136_zpsad5f63ba.jpg

Next up is the calipers which will be getting my attention next (as you can see from the pics). Ultimately I'm going to replace all the calipers, discs and pads next winter so whatever I do to the calipers in the meantime will just be a temporary stop gap.

LY R26
This is gorgeous.

I want.

Thing I don't like is the extortionate insurance costs!

25 Y/O Male,
5 years NCB,
No Accidents & Clean license - Good postcode - 3k miles a year

Cant get touched under £900! Think it's robbery!

M135i and the shed
This is gorgeous.

I want.

Thing I don't like is the extortionate insurance costs!

25 Y/O Male,
5 years NCB,
No Accidents & Clean license - Good postcode - 3k miles a year

Cant get touched under £900! Think it's robbery!

You see I can't understand that. I'm 31 and my S2000 costs no more to insure than my R26 did. I don't know if insurance companies view the pre and post facelift cars differently in terms of risk but my experience is that the rumours about S2000 insurance aren't actually true, going off what I pay anyway. At the end of the day they're a performance car but the fact it's comparable on insurance to my R26 seems reasonable to me.

LY R26
Thats the worst thing, I currently own a modified R26 and it's still approx £200 cheaper to insure than a bone stock S2K.

I need to scratch the itch at somepoint - yours just isn't helping! lol.

M135i and the shed
So what age of S2000 did you get quoted on out of interest. I'm genuinely interested to know as I've had no insurance shocks when looking for prices on mine so interested if the insurance companies view the earlier ones differently in terms of risk?

LY R26
I was 24 when I bought my R26 in Dec - at the same point I was considering going for an S2K.

I've looked at quotes since turning 25 in January - No change at all really!

I was quoting on an "04" model. So not the earliest model. Had the same wheels as yours as standard. I don't get it, lovely cars but awful to insure for many! including me. :(