ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polishing

BG Clio 182
Hi, I've got a BG 182 and was wondering how often I can HAND polish the car without damaging the paint. I use autoglym super resin polish or the ultra deep shine, and have some meguiars wax to go over the top to seal / protect it. I last waxed the car like a week ago and only gave it one coat but it does look really amazing and I wanna keep it that way!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You'd have a hard time damaging paint applying SRP by hand (presuming good decon and prep).

If you wanna keep it that way, have a gander around the site for polishes people recommend that have endurance, although SRP by hand is actually a lot better than many give it credit for, certainly for its price point. There was a good thread somewhere demonstrating this.

BG Clio 182
You'd have a hard time damaging paint applying SRP by hand (presuming good decon and prep).

If you wanna keep it that way, have a gander around the site for polishes people recommend that have endurance, although SRP by hand is actually a lot better than many give it credit for, certainly for its price point. There was a good thread somewhere demonstrating this.
Thanks mate, so you think I'd be okay to wham another coat on then like this week? The shine is excellent :) the car has been clayed and looks the business it's just (I know it's sad but I enjoy waxing the car and it looks ace when she's done!)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Most of the damage will come by not removing tar and iron deposits, so when you polish/wax, you're dragging some of these bits across your paint.

invest in some auto smart TARdis, carpro iron x and a bar of clay to help

BMW E46 330i Touring
If it's waxed then there's no point in applying SRP again, that will just be going back to the beginning.

Just give it a wash, dry and then apply another layer or two of wax.