ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Points and insurance?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
If you get points for whatever reason do you have to tell your insurance company straight away or wait until renewal time?

n00bish question probably but thanks:)

A4 Avant
I think your supposed to inform them straight away, but quite often people wait until renewal time.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Tell them straight away.

When i got mine i didn't tell them while renewal :rasp:.

your first set done affect your insurance massivly anyway. your premium will go up about £50 as a guide

a black one
Call them and tell them. my company told me that they won't matter until the renewal anyway. They don't really effect your insurance by much anyway.
I have 9 points and my insurance for my 182 is only £406 for the year!! Sorted!!

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Call them and tell them. my company told me that they won't matter until the renewal anyway. They don't really effect your insurance by much anyway.
I have 9 points and my insurance for my 182 is only £406 for the year!! Sorted!!

What age are you? 103?!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I think you are legally suppose to inform them when you get them. Won't affect this years insurance tho.

As a guide, I find my 3 points add about 10% on to my policy.

Does on mine. My TS10 is costing me circa £150 a year.

dont bother telling them until renewal...you dont need too
Yes you do. You have no notify them of any changes. Points = changes.

As has been said above, it's very unlikely your premium will go up. They only usually do it come renewal time. If you don't tell them and you have an accident they can void your cover.

Clio 197 08
Depends what it is for, i have got three points for being on the phone whilst driving and it going up £400! Not good!

yeh a simple sp30 wont add much but if you start getting points for traffic signals/phones etc i imagine they'll put a heavy loading on.

RS 172+
SP30 last year. I told my insurers and they didn't care. I think quite a few insurers ignore the first 3 points anyway these days. Come renewal time I changed anyway.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Thats what I thought:( Stupid accident though, my fault, live and learn:) Wait to get my licence back to get the code etc yea?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Five points for careless driving - I'd tell them as that's a big change!
Yea was going to anyway then someone told me you didnt have to until renewal. Thought i'd check on here because I didnt see anything about points in the terms and conditions things I read. When I get my liscence back will it have the points and the code on it so I know what to tell my insurance?

Da

Less
Your counterpart will have the code and points on as far as i know, not sure what gets put on the card section.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Your counterpart will have the code and points on as far as i know, not sure what gets put on the card section.
Ah okay thanks a lot.

Thanks to everyone else aswell.

Can find out about anything and everything on here:)

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Got my licence back on saturday but quinn close on a half day. Dreading ringing them all weekend expecting a hefty additional payment to be made.

Rang up today. On the fone for approx 20mins because there was IT problems etc etc. In the end it went up a whopping....

0pounds and 0pence.

Was shocked at that tbh.

AK

M240i
Wait till renewal date tho :rasp:

Unless that was renewal?

Just messing - shouldn't really put it up that much..

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Renewal date will be rediculous I know but I was expecting it to go up a bit now too. Renewals not til November