ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PMS shifter

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'm not fitting mine until next weekend. Living in a flat means no space to work on the car unfortunately :(

​Nick is fitting his later I believe :)

Last edited:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I've looked at mine, considering spraying it white. Don't think it will be a problem at all.

Nick nearly fitted his last night, but the circlip popped out and he couldn't find it in the dark - lol! He was going to hunt for it his morning to finish it, so piccies and feedback should be along soon :)

Mines all fitted... there's pics here -> http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...port-Shifter&p=9613794&viewfull=1#post9613794

Had a few issues - especially with the c-clip popping out. It's a b**ch to fit that new c-clip and white plastic bush. But stick with it. Sooo worth it

I added a little review too

If anyone wants more pics or whatever let me know. I'm a bit full of man flu but when I'm feeling better in the week I'll make a little video out on the road showing the gear changes

Right then guys - took some nice comparison/product shots

If Nick@PMS wants to use these on the site - feel free mate

From the side - in neutral (out of gear)
PMS-Shifter-Side-neutral.jpg

From the side - in 1st gear
PMS-Shifter-Side-1st-Gear.jpg

From the side - in 4th gear
PMS-Shifter-Side-4th-gear.jpg

Drivers side - in neutral - just to show where it sits in relation to wheel
PMS-Shifter-Side-wheel-comparison.jpg

View from driver - the leather gear gaitor also fits fine but I've torn mine so ordering a new one :)
PMS-Shifter-From-drivers-seat.jpg

And then just for Nick as he was trouble shooting a bit - a few under car shots

Rod position in reverse
PMS-Shifter-Clearance-reverse.jpg

Rod position in 5th gear
PMS-Shifter-Clearance-5th-gear.jpg

New selector rod and bush
PMS-Shifter-Selector-rod.jpg

Yup - well actually I jacked just one side up in the garage and did it in there cos it was a bit warmer lol

It's all very do-able in about 2hrs if you're handy with a spanner. Pushing that white bush in for the end of the selector rod was the only bit I found an utter pain in the arse to do :(

There's a load of notes from when I was fitting mine on the group buy page -> http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?700929-GROUP-BUY-Pure-Motorsport-Shifter/page12

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
vid from inside would even be better ;)

Pinched from the other thread to make this one a more useful reference:

I have fitted mine with no issues what so ever, great bit of kit. I have yet to be for a thrash but its great. It took me just over 1 and a half hours from jacking the car up to putting it back down. The only complaints are slight knock on the tunnel going into reverse (this doesn't bother me in the slightest and could be resolved partially with slim head bolts) and the other was some of the plating on mine was missing/badly done (again doesn't really bother me as its not that bad)

I set the linkage by myself but I was up and down like a fiddlers elbow. I have set it up with 2nd at the rearmost point it can be without the spherical running out of movement. The shifter has allowed me to move the seat back two clicks back to the furthest possible distance on the seat sliders I have which I couldn't before. I'm chuffed there are no fitting issues like had been said and thanks to Phil for organising and Pure for making yet another quality product.

I took a few pictures and I have a rubbish video too.

Instead of using silicone like Pure recomend I used sticky back foam as mine will be coming out from time to time.

E59FDF1B-D2F8-471C-805F-0CE9DE00276C-5126-0000046DDCD66BE9_zpsdaddd4f7.jpg

Snipped and bent back heat shield to avoid contact.

64C49151-4883-459B-A317-314370274733-5126-0000046DE13D2DFB_zpsc05b1072.jpg

There's no mention of it on Pure's fitting instructions but you actually have to cut standard selector boot to be left with this.

89E51A0B-2821-42CE-9B29-4B9C68AB2C93-5126-0000046DE6A0FF9C_zps74895e7e.jpg

Some had complained of circlip falling out, the end of a 3/8's extension is perfect for seating the circlip (no need for bottle jacks Phil lol)

20694677-7C63-4A6E-BD17-752346591AC0-5126-0000046DEB6B4049_zpsc227ff46.jpg

Quick video from inside. For all you Jessie's that complained of it not returning to centre, mine has started to after only 30 mins of playing.

[video=youtube_share;Ob0n0RYXajI]http://youtu.be/Ob0n0RYXajI[/video]

Cup In bits
Video from group buy closed thread.

[video=youtube_share;4YiR9lYCFEk]http://youtu.be/4YiR9lYCFEk[/video]

220 Trophy
Fitted it all last night, didn't take long at all, seems a really nicely made bit of kit. I spent more time buggering about with the pivot bush then fitting the rest as it wouldn't slot in far enough to allow room for the circlip. In the end I found the old bush and when put side by side the new one was perhaps 0.5 mm longer, so popped the old one back in and all's well. Setting it up is a right pain, still not sure its as good as it will get, just a couple of mm movement either way, or a couple of degrees on the linkage connector and it either doesn't go in a gear or it bangs on the tunnel in reverse or 5th. My selector boot didn't need modifying and the stick appears to self-center already.

I have to say after looking at it again the other day I think the not-self-centering thing is down to how tight that pivot bush is on mine
And agreed it's a little tiny bit longer than the one that came out

I think I might pull it back out this weekend and put the old one back in as it will loosen the movement a little bit and allow it to self-center.

Setting it up is a bit tricky - mines exactly where I want it but nocks on the tunnel going into reverse
I think I'm going to be persuading a bit more space out of the tunnel this weekend with a rubber hammer lol

220 Trophy
I've just spoken to Nick at PMS and the bushes apparently have a small rubber end to them which is meant to be squashed in. I couldn't squash mine in enough last night laying under the car so as mentioned popped the old one in. As for knocking, mine has lots of room to spare in reserve, its just in 5th that it knocks, Nick suggested putting it all in neutral and then turning the linkage bar a couple of degrees. I don’t think knocking in reverse is too much of a worry so I'd be happy with that rather than 5th....

Yeah I've just been out making a vid of mine and it knocks into reverse and 5th to be fair - more into reverse

I don't care though - I rarely use reverse or 5th on track and when I'm out driving on the road I wont be smashing it through gears lol

That rubber end was what I ended up having to use a scissor jack to put pressure on to compress it - it's tight as a nuns chuff
I've been out for another drive and decided not to use the old one - as it doesn't self center but the gears feel so tight I'm happy with it :)

I'll post the video when it's uploaded to youtube :)

Video of mine guys - taken from a few angles

Have to apologise for the awful rattling noise - turns out my sony action cam battery rattles around. I've fixed it now with a bit of sticky back foam but it was awful on these vids

Oh yeah and driving with an action cam pretty much wedged in your chest - not recommended lol

Last edited by a moderator:
  RS RIP
does it come with the "clutch pin" ? I want to ditch my short one as it's a synchro destroyer but can't remeber where my original one is :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Longer gear lever, more leverage. I would expect Nick has thought of this, but still want to see one.

the reason people are having clearance issues in the tunnel is both sides of the lever are longer in order to maintain the same ratio.
So there is no Significant change in leverage.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Video of mine guys - taken from a few angles Have to apologise for the awful rattling noise - turns out my sony action cam battery rattles around. I've fixed it now with a bit of sticky back foam but it was awful on these vids Oh yeah and driving with an action cam pretty much wedged in your chest - not recommended lol

Your driving instructor would be cringing at that video. 10 to 2!

Last edited by a moderator:
10 to 2? seriously? LOL

I'm pretty sure my driving instructor would have more issues with that driving than the fact that I'm only using one hand.
Was trying to keep the view unobstructed of the shifter ;)

220 Trophy
I employed the services of my glamorous assistant last night who sat in the car and ran through the gears. I thought that I had previously set it up correctly as per PMS' instructions, but starting again with me under the car putting the gear-box into reverse while my wife then put the gear-stick into reverse there was a couple of mm difference on the linkage bar to how I had previously set it up on my own.

​Presumably previously me putting the stick in neutral and then climbing under the car gave it time to move a couple of mm before I had time to nip the linkage nut up. Anyway it fires through the gears perfectly now, no knocking in reserve or 5th so have left it as it is and not had to adjust it.

So I would definitely recommend a second pair of hands when setting it up!!