ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

please help.

clio 172 ph2
ive recently fitted a 182 inlet to my 172 and for the first day everything was fine. the next day i started to notice that the car just didnt feel right and i had to give it a little more revs to take off so the car didnt stall and it shudders slightly when its put into 5th at low revs. the rest of the gears are fine at low revs, so i took it all back off today to make sure it was on correctly and that i didnt miss anything. when i put it back together it was back to normal for a few miles, now its doing the same again :-(

any ideas??

i think it is something to do with a breather pipe .. Actually its to do with a vacum hose from the inlet manifold to the carbon canister! do you not have an extra stub on the 182 manifold with no hose to attach to it?

Yeh they are different the 182 manifold has an extra stub on it for a vacum hose from the carbon cannister.

Inpassing blank of the extra stub on the 182 manifold as iirc it shall cause the same issues as a vacum leak which is what you have at the moment

clio 172 ph2
Yeh they are different the 182 manifold has an extra stub on it for a vacum hose from the carbon cannister.

Inpassing blank of the extra stub on the 182 manifold as iirc it shall cause the same issues as a vacum leak which is what you have at the moment

i have already done that. it seems to get worse if a thrash it through the gears. whats the bit under the manifold that "sticks up" into it and whats it for?