ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

please help!!!

NEED V6!
Power steering went hard then a whining sound then steam or smoke came from the back of the car stop light handbrake light came on then flicked an went of has'nt come bk on since the incident, I going to check the car, as I've said below.

right i've checked my car over thoroughly today and car will start, but there's a metal block with bronze copper coil inside to the left side of the engine that's making a tapping noise, also when I rev the car to no more than 2000rpm the car will then start's to screech for a second then back to this tapping noise sometimes it'll stop for age's then start again.
The front left side of the grill is covered in the power steering fluid which run's into this block I mentioned which has the writting VALEO on the side.

Can anyone help as don't no what's wrong.

Clio 182
If theres power sterring fluid mate sounds like the pump might be dried put causing the screeching noise, screeching noises are normally associated, imo, with belts and tensioners

NEED V6!
it's dried out most of the steering fluid I put in today I get the fluid coming from the steering tank also spits out the hole at the top.

If it's the tensioner's are they expensive as the belt's are fine.