ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

please help my valver is this close to being scrapped!

clio 16v
my valver is doing my head in my alternator is screwed again, which is the second alternator ive put in it in 5 weeks. The two alternators ive put in were both purchased as a second had part from a renault breakers. just wonderin if you guys reckon its a case of im gonna just have to buy a new one coz second hand ones are no good or wether there is some underlying fault with my car causing it to chew alternators?

S2000
definately worth looking into other possibilities imo as it does seem a bit odd. I'm not sure of what could cause it but no doubt someone else will be able to help.

clio 16v
definately worth looking into other possibilities imo as it does seem a bit odd. I'm not sure of what could cause it but no doubt someone else will be able to help.

when u say "other possibilities" do you mean as in purchasing a brand new alternator or as in whats causing the alternators to fail?

S2000
sorry, meant as in look into whats causing the alternators to fail. It could always be that you were just unluck with the two you bought but it's probably something else causing the problem if you've just gone through so many of them.

clio 16v
well the first one I put in, i think that failed because two days after the power steering pipe above it burst pishing fluid all over it, well im assuming that would reck an altenator. The leak is sorted so I dunno what happened to the second one. starting to think that the fluid recked the first one and I was unlucky with the second. So might have to stump up the £130 for a new
one:mad:

Fiesta ST
^ Sounds possible. The PS fluid would of wrecked the first one, the second one may of just been dodgey to start with. Sometimes I think buying things like that 2nd hand are false economy. Yeah, it might work fine, but I'd rather know that the one that is fitted is brand new and is going to last.