ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plastics Looking Grey!

Titanium 182
Hi,

Giving my car a bit of TLC now she's passed her MOT. I've noticed (now we have some sun) that the plastics are looking very faded. I've used Gtechniq C4 and found it excellent but little concerned I'll buy a bottle and won't be able to dress the grill properly. Has anyone had experience with this? Any other recommendations?

Thanks

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I did my grill a few months back and it is still looking great. The grill isnt black when you buy it brand new, it is dark grey with tiny speckles of glittery stuff. What I did was use a bit of Isopropyl alcohol (awesoe stuff and has a million uses - get some from a chemist or maplins) on a microfiber cloths and rub every little bit of the grill until it is completely clean. You can then apply C4 using the girlfriends cotton pads. C4 is kind of expensive and I found that the smallest bottle only just did the whole car. Would buy it begrudgingly again though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The grille is painted grey it's not black plastic. They all need some spraying black. Transforms the front end.

Titanium 182
Going to order a bottle of C4 then I think, I was a bit worried it wouldn't do the whole car to be honest seeing as though the bottle is so small.

I would spray them up but I don't think "black" would suit the car, just need darkening up a little

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I've used the C4 stuff and it is really good, such a big difference tbh.
The only thing it didn't really do well was the bump strips on the doors, mainly because they aren't really that black, they are more of a blue colour. But I am going to spray them satin black anyway.