ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plastic under front bumper loose

CLIO RS 182
Hi guys

My underside engine plate (I think that's what it's called) is loose and dragging on the road while driving.

I'm not sure how these are supposed to fit in place, perhaps a bolt or two is missing.

Could anyone advise if this has happened to them and / or how to repair?

Thanks much!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 727
Thats the lower arch liner, or splash guard I think its also known as, there is like a metal clip thats folded onto the plastic then a star screw goes through it.

Looks like the screw it in place, possibly the clip is still on the screw and has ripped off. have a feel on the lip.

CLIO RS 182
Ah great

There's a black plastic cable-tie looking thing that's also hanging loose..
Not really sure what it is but based on your description I wonder if this is the tie/clip to hold it in place..

Photo attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 593
Thats the battery breather pipe, its just there incase the battery has to vent anything. just tuck it away up behind the arch liner, cable tie it if necessary.

CLIO RS 182
Ah excellent, I won't worry about that one then.

I don't suppose anyone has a photo of the clip I should be looking for and or how it connects the lower arch liner to the bumper?
Granted, I could look at the other side to see how that fits, but am stuck at work all week and want to get a head start on knowing what to look for when I get back to the car!

Thanks again.

EDIT: I guess these are the ones? http://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/products/Renault-Clio-2-Wheelarch-Liner-Clips.html
So just interested in how they are supposed to fit..

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Most of the plastics underneath my car are held together by cable ties. All I do is make a hole in the bit that plastic that's loose and find a loop somewhere close on the bumper/chasis that you can tie it to. Failing that, make a hole in the closest bit of plastic and tie it to that.

LOL at £12 for 10 flimsy plastic clips!

CLIO RS 182
Ja £12's a bit of an ask. I too may go the old cable tie route, especially if theres no real 'official' method to secure it back to the bumper - I Think your method will probably suffice!

CLIO RS 182
Have removed the torn inner wheel arch, and I see some cables and parts behind the cover.
It was too torn/ broken to re-fit with new clips.
It obviously had a purpose; to protect these parts, but what do you guys think about leaving this off permanently? Is the cover protecting these parts from stones / dirt etc significantly?
Should I get a replacement part to fit here?
I'm not entirely sure what the cables and exposed parts are that sit behind this cover and therefore not sure of their impact should something happen..

Thanks for your insight!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I ripped one of mine after a little spin across a curb at Castle Combe. Haven't noticed it is missing really. Apart from the reduced weight of not having it........

It may also be attahced using a little square "c" shapepd thing on the bumper which a screw goes through to hold it to the bumper. Same as the wheel arch lining. Could possible go pick some up from a scrappy

CLIO RS 182
@Amos91 thanks for the reply, all good now - just removed the whole thing, it was pretty badly cracked / torn so it would have been more work to try and secure the thing!