ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pidgeon in my engine bay!

I havnt got one in my engine bay really but this is the problem...

I have developed a rattle/ squeek on tickover but especially after you rev it up. it sounds mainly like a tentioner but on inspection i just cannot see a problem. the only problem with the noise or any noise is its hard to pinpoint as noises travels across engine bays easily.!

the only way to describe the sound is it sounds like a pidgeon in the engine bay when you let off the accelerator. i have a ramp at work and mechanical knowledge to rectify the problem and probably will be able to locate it eventually but i havnt had time to get it stripped apart yet. just want to check on here if anyone has had the same noise and if they can help pinpoint or narrow down the problem. its hard to see the tensioners and pulley from the engine bay so its one reason i havnt had chance inspect things properly yet.

ive done a search on here but nothing definate as to what it could be.

thanks

chris