ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Round 22

Time for the next round.

The last theme was "Golden Hour" and IanFlaherty won with..

3838346884_6eed9c26ac.png

So his theme for the next round is..

Candid (wiki)

Comp runs from now until midnight Thurs 10th Sept. Any photos entered must be taken between now and midnight 10th Sept.

Rules:

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You must flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on.

I will no longer be automatically taking the first image somebody posts, only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within the dates of the competition specified above.

- Winner chooses next subject

- Revels apologies for stealing Chris' rules! lol..

Ian

Focus TDCi
*Ian accepts no responsibilty for injuries to Cliosport members caused by potential subjects taking offense to having a camera pointed at them or otherwise. Thanks.* :p

Good luck everyone and thanks for the votes last round. :)

Hmm never done candids before, might have a go if i get a chance! ALso thanks to whoever voted for me last round too :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Never tried it before either 5parky, main reason I set it - get everyone experimenting a bit. :) I expect we might see something from Teshi on this one. I've got quite a few ideas, but they all rely on me having a sudden unexpected boost in confidence!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Right fcuk it...I'm going to give it a go. :)

Good man. :)

hmmm do candids have to be of people.... ?

Hmm I wouldn't say so. According to wiki:

Candid photography is best described as un-posed and unplanned, immediate and unobtrusive. This is in contrast to classic photography, which includes aspects such as carefully staged portrait photography, landscape photography or object photography. Candid photography catches moments of life from immersion in it.

I guess the main thing is the spontaneity and the unobtrusiveness - catching a 'moment'. I think people/portraits immediately spring to mind as it's easy to walk down the street and do that and it comes across more obviously in the photo; but it's definitely worth considering other things, bring a bit of variety perhaps!

Last edited:
  Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
Haven't entered this for a long time. Been out and about in Kent this afternoon and took 3 candid shots.

candid2.jpg

candid1.jpg

candid4.jpg

#3 is my entry. Unless I change my mind, can't be sure if he was looking at me or not?

Last edited:
  Nimbus 197
hmm might have to give this a go! I hope people from Manchester like getting their picture taken =)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Depends whereabouts in Manchester you go. ;) Lol.. they'll be fine. When are going to be in Manchester Nick?

Cupra
A mate of a mate has an awesome series on Flickr of street candids. Some inspiration perhaps?

Code:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oflightandshadows/sets/72157619055437776/

Nimbus 197
Depends whereabouts in Manchester you go. ;) Lol.. they'll be fine. When are going to be in Manchester Nick?

hi Ian, I went on Tuesday afternoon...didn't do much though. Mainly due to terrible planning by us! I did buy a lot of donuts at the Trafford Centre which I'm very pleased about :boring:

Caught this fellow trying to steal my car though :eek:

3880393272_71e87694f4.png

A mate of a mate has an awesome series on Flickr of street candids. Some inspiration perhaps?

Code:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oflightandshadows/sets/72157619055437776/

Some lovely candids in that album, wish I could take pics of hot girls like that without getting chased/killed/reported.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Spray can di... ohhh.. I see what you did there. ;) Both are great shots, up to you pal. I'm not holding out much hope for completing my hat-trick on this one.

Megane 230 F1
My entry..
2901950135_2d79b865e5.jpg

Shot from the hip with my camera in someone else' hands.. It was a work trip to Ascot.

Renaultsport 220T
Candid shots from Trax... :D

Not just blokes checking her rear out..

3893877846_0b77910fbb_b.png

The above mentioned rear....

3893883264_b015ba0fc4_b.png

And finally, my entry....

3893092265_061065c81d_b.png

Close call for anything i got from Trax. Although, I really like this one and it must be worth at least three votes, hey lads. The legend that is Fletch explaining that he will only take his clio around Silverstone when it is finally run in at 150,000 miles

ENTRY

3896893337_d361b54fb3_b.jpg

Last edited:
  It's A Reno
Using pictures of kids is very naughty as you will get the "Awwww" vote.
The soapbox man is epic, but upto now, it may be revels, as I know the guy in the cream jacket thingy. I torn tbh.