ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Chat and Questions Thread

Golf GTD Mk7
  Mental 172 Cup
Yep, to both of you.. Just wanting rid of all my gear then can hopefully get a body and lens before rockingham..

I should of had a little go tbh James but it felt good.

2014 Focus Titanium
I fancy an upgrade but haven't really got much dough to play with, £400 max (i'm going for second hand). Currently running a 500D, the 650D looks great but I was hoping my next upgrade would be to a x0D series. Only problem is the 60D to me doesn't seem worth the extra money, don't get me wrong the magnesium body, top display and stuff would be nice but I'm more of a specs man, I like the 5fps and wireless speedlite transmitter in the 650D without having to pay loads extra.

I just can't see the attraction in getting a 60D over one at the moment, unless there's something I'm missing.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
The 60D doesn't even have a magnesium alloy body, it's polycarbonate like the 650D. The main advantage is the better ergonomics of the body, it's much bigger and nicer to handle. I'd go for the 70D as a next step though, or a 7D, they're getting cheap (relatively) since the replacement is coming around soon.

2014 Focus Titanium
No Mag-alloy? I thought it did! Another disadvantage :( If it shot at 6.5-7fps like the 50/70D that would be attractive but again it's the same FPS as the 650D!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Why not go for a 50 then? Cracking cameras. Granted, they are a bit old now and are lacking some tech but still great nevertheless.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
You're better going for an xxD or xD as an upgrade, they're a lot nicer to shoot with than the smaller bodies for the better ergonomics and larger viewfinders :)

Mental 172 Cup
I only held it.. But it felt nice.. Watching a few lenses on eBay at the mo, then just looking around for the body all the time.. So hopefully in the next few weeks..

Mental 172 Cup
Got a few 100-400mm f4-5.6 saved..

Will get a 10-20mm and a prime aswell but that's not yet..

Mental 172 Cup
Yeh I know mate true.. Ill be looking about for something similar as its an awesome lens..

Last edited:

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
The 17-40L is nearly as wide (only 2mm off the 10-20 on Nikon crop) and sharp. They go for pretty reasonable prices too.

Mental 172 Cup
Ill keep and eye out mate.. Wanna try stick with Canon as much as I can.. Awesome image quality and clarity..

2014 Focus Titanium
Why not go for a 50 then? Cracking cameras. Granted, they are a bit old now and are lacking some tech but still great nevertheless.

The lack of video is putting me off a 50D (I do use video). I almost think getting a 650D as a stop-gap then a 70D next year might be the way to go. Thanks for the opinions guys :)

Mental 172 Cup
Not advertised anywhere else at the moment.. As I can't get onto classifieds on TP.. I don't have enough posts. Some of it may be here in a few weeks mate.. Give me a PM.. I'm trying to keep the prices resonable.. Have a good honeymoon mate..

Italian 3.2 V6
X100 users..

How do you find the x100 for moving/action shots? I'm struggling as it seems slow/delayed for this type of photography.. Or is it just me?

It's pretty much brilliant at everything else.

Thanks.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
The time it takes to auto focus and take the shot is unacceptable, an iphone is quicker!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
The X100s is said to be a great improvement in AF performance, not that the X100's are action orientated anyway given the focal length of the lens etc

X100 users..

How do you find the x100 for moving/action shots? I'm struggling as it seems slow/delayed for this type of photography.. Or is it just me?

It's pretty much brilliant at everything else.

Thanks.

Rubbish, although to be honest it was never really suggested that it would be any good. I sold mine recently despite absolutely loving it, bought the 35mm 1.4 for my X-E1 with the proceeds, with the recent firmware updates it's now an acceptably speedy camera so it made sense for me to focus on lenses for that.

Mental 172 Cup
Purchased a Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 L IS USM

Just need to shift the rest of my gear and get the my Canon Body now.. Cant wait..

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I haven't used my camera for a while. With my 35mm prime on f2 the area of focus is incredibly narrow even at a reasonable distance.

I'm sure I took a few photos today and aimed at my wife's head, or closest eye to me, and the photo seemed to focus in the wrong area. I tried manual focus and the same thing happened.

Is this a pitfall with shooting at that aperture?

I haven't used my camera for a while. With my 35mm prime on f2 the area of focus is incredibly narrow even at a reasonable distance.

I'm sure I took a few photos today and aimed at my wife's head, or closest eye to me, and the photo seemed to focus in the wrong area. I tried manual focus and the same thing happened.

Is this a pitfall with shooting at that aperture?

Cameras can front or back focus a lens but that's only for autofocus, manual focus should be spot on, try manually focusing on a static object with the camera on a tripod or flat surface.

Inferno 225 cup
Just a heads up guys Perseids meteor shower late Monday evening and early Monday morning.

"Apparently" over 60 shooting stars an hour.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just a heads up guys Perseids meteor shower late Monday evening and early Monday morning.

"Apparently" over 60 shooting stars an hour.

You'll see them most of the month. The high point is over a couple of days from Sunday -Tuesday. More likely to be 30-45 per hour though.

I haven't had the chance to shoot them, or when I have had time, the skies have been cloudy.