ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 -> Phase 2 Interior bits

I know interior conversions are a popular choice for some, I was thinking recently, there has to be a plethora of dead phase 2s in scrapyards around me and thought i might get myself a phase 2 dash, and other assorted inside bits.

My question is: how much of this is direct fitment? I've had a brief run through Fubar's dash guide etc. but what about some of the smaller bits, i.e the electric window switches for my front windows, are on the speaker on my ph1, but at on the doorcard on the ph2, is this just simple plug-n-play?
​Does the phase 2 steering wheel simply swap over? And the gear knob too?
Also: I assume there was 5 door phase 2s, I have a 5dr ph1 and I assume the rear door cards are the same story as the front - mine are manual rear windows, not sure if the clio came with electric rears.

Ph1 1.2, Twingo GT
i asked the same question, and theres guide for the dash, shows all the wiring and everything. as for the door cards, for the fronts, the electric windows ARENT plug and play, havent seen a guide for them yet, but i cant imagine itll be too difficult, if you have the right tools, also the wires will have to be extended. but the holes for the cards line up and its a simple swap. cant say about the rears as ive got a 3 door and i did a sport interior swap.
apparently, the phase 2 steering wheel fits, but im not sure, dont think the airbag will work either.
the gearknob is a straight fit, theyre just hard to get off, just put some glue in the new one, as they can be loose when they go on.

Thanks the reply mate! good to know the windows would be a bit of a fiddle - it's a shame as I think the ph2 are all build into the card so i couldn't exactly leave my ph1 blue cards with the ph2 black dash. It'd look..weird.
Then again - i saw a post where a guy was fixing his daughters Ph2 manual fronts and found the wiring etc was there for electric windows and was able to retrofit everything in, so i guess it can't be immensely difficult.

It's just for information really as it'd be a real pain if say it takes a few hours to do the dash, then if you have to mess about re-wiring the window controls etc, /technically/ i guess i'd only need the drivers one to work from teh get-go so i can get in and out of the office car-park and through the all-important drive-thru maccies.

I know for the conversion if you change the dash, you msut change the doorcards as they differ slightly in design and the doors wont close properly.

The ph2 wheel would be nice, especially the 1*2 with the thumbgrips, airbags could be a pain if they can't be easily sourced. I thought the gearknob would be a straight fit, I've seen some folks say that they sawed through the plastic and then split it in half around the shaft.

Ph1 1.2, Twingo GT
i havent done my window switches yet either, dont really need them tbh, as its not unbearably hot with our great british weather and i usually open my doors for the drive through maccies, the fitties behind the window always have a giggle haha. it took me a couple of hours to get my old dash out and 3 to get in i think, main thing to remember is to get some masking tape and a pen and label everything electrically as you take it off.
and i changed my dash before i did the door cards, and they open and closed fine.
also, i dont think either ph2 airbag can be plugged into the ph1 model, so even if you get some ph2 airbags, you cant put them in anyway.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Windows are silly easy to wire up. You have a live, this live travels down a wire when you pull a switch one way, and down another when you pull it another. Basically, if you have a friend with a working ph2, you can work out the wiring in 10 minutes flat.