ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

phase 1 & 2 fuel rail

RB 182
does anyone have a picture of a phase 1 and 2 fuel rail.. I think the phase 1 has a regaulator where as a phase 2 does not.. but I'm confused slightly as on mine (phase2) it looks like it has some kind of regualtor on it..

any help apreciated
IMAGE_006.jpg

Very early Ph1's have a return system to the tank which requires the use of a regulator on the rail. Later on they swapped to a non return system but used the same fuel rail blank, hence the regulator housing is still moulded on with the rail....however it is redundant.

Its pretty easy to tell which is which as the rail will either be blind or open into the regulator housing..........

RB 182
Very early Ph1's have a return system to the tank which requires the use of a regulator on the rail. Later on they swapped to a non return system but used the same fuel rail blank, hence the regulator housing is still moulded on with the rail....however it is redundant.

Its pretty easy to tell which is which as the rail will either be blind or open into the regulator housing..........

Ahh.. I just assumed a bit was missing.. I'll look more closley when I get home, although as you say it'll probably be blank.

RB 182
does anyone know if the phase 1 fuel rail is the same on another car like a peugoet? or where I can get hold of one?