ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 172 not disconnecting the imobiliser when trying to start

Hi, my Clio 172 has suddenly got very temperamental about disengaging the immobiliser when you try to start (except rather bizarrely when its on my drive). Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Jon

phase 1 flamer 172
When I had starting/immobiliser issues with my phase 1, turned out to be the key, got my spare key out and everything was fine.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Was having issues with the wife's ph1 a littlewhile back where it wouldn't start when it felt like it! Turned out to be the black relays at the back of the fuse box. Cleaned the terminals and replaced the relays for piece of mind. Been 100% since!

Thanks both, I'll go for a new key as a first option then
Where do you get keys to purchase and re program. I only have one key since I purchased the car. I tried soldering on the first image because the top part of the metal piece had a break in connection.
Since that the key no longer works

All I see while trying to start is the light blinking quickly

Need this fixed ASAP

thanks
d83bd549a17978c801ba58314dc779d5.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Ph1 Clio 172
Not sure if it's the same for everybody but mine, has had loads removed and chopped about with.

I have to put the key in. Click it to the first position (ignition off) then press and hold the key fob button and turn it to ignition stage 1 (ignition lights on the dash) this will then make the blinking light a solid red dot. Start the engine.
Then if I turn it off and just knock the key back one click to switch it off, it will start again as it doesn't re engage the immobiliser.

Sorry if that's long winded to understand