ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 Factory Xenons and the new law?

SQ5
Missus got pulled up tonight by an up his own arse copper who tried to f**k her over because she was a girl.

Started telling her that her Xenons were illegal, saying that there were no washers (which there were, they clearly pop out) and saying that they don't self adjust so as from the 1st April they are illegal!

Unfortunately I wasn't there as he then said her tyres looked illegal so he checked all those and said they're all fine but they still look illegal. He then preceded to tell her the exhaust is illegal and she can get 3 points for it which s**t her up as she's only had licence 18 months.

And after all this he still didn't realise she had a 3/4 plate on ;)

But anyway, surely there is a law that says all cars manufactured from 1st April need it otherwise every car with Xenons will be needing to retro fit or Renault need to have a recall, both are which are stupid!?

Copper on a bad night you reckon?

2007 clio dynamique
So he tried to tell her that factory fitted xenons were illegal ? Wtf , some people need to go in a corner and have a word with themselves

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
If the Xenons were fitted aftermarket then the copper would be right.

But because they are manufacturer fitted, if there was no self levelling or washers when it left the factory then there's no requirement to add them now. Which surely defeats the point of a law telling everyone that they're so dangerous without but oh well :rolleyes:

What your friendly local bobby has assumed is that she's bought a HID kit and retrofitted it.

renaultsport clio182
sounds like the copper prob didnt get the shag he was sooo desperate for the night before pal!!
factory zenons, not illegal, so he can do one there!
tires....so f**k if they look illegal....if they're not!
db metre to test the exhaust note???? naaahhh dont think so!
they do try it on sometimes like, i had one years ago when i had a mk 2 fezza 1.1 lol. id gone thru a red light, 3 tires were racing slicks, with no seatbelt on, and no tax....and after a long check over my car....and my arse twitching for 5 minutes he let me go????? mental!!:clap:

182 Trophy
I got pulled years ago in my first trophy, told I wasnt insured as I hadn't declared any of my 'modifications', on my completely standard car. All because the car had (in the coppers words) - grey wheels, racing seats and a racing exhaust. When showing him all my car paperwork which clearly showed the spec of the car, and the trophy plaque on the seat, he still wasn't happy with the exhaust as 'no car comes with two exhaust pipes', until we walk to the rear of the Mondeo st220 he was driving......

Unfortunately it's not the police's fault, you get knobheads in every walk of life.

SQ5
I got pulled years ago in my first trophy, told I wasnt insured as I hadn't declared any of my 'modifications', on my completely standard car. All because the car had (in the coppers words) - grey wheels, racing seats and a racing exhaust. When showing him all my car paperwork which clearly showed the spec of the car, and the trophy plaque on the seat, he still wasn't happy with the exhaust as 'no car comes with two exhaust pipes', until we walk to the rear of the Mondeo st220 he was driving......

Unfortunately it's not the police's fault, you get knobheads in every walk of life.

FLOL that's brilliant!

I usually have great respect for the Police, they're doing a job at the end of the day, but pulling someone and picking for no reason left my missus fairly wound up!

172 Cup Mk2 White
so some cups were sold with the xenons as an optional extra from factory? I need to somehow find out if mine are aftermarket or not :/ If mine were fitted from factory iv got no way of proving that.

Polo + Micra
did clios come with pop out washers?

i always thought you could see them stick out and leak all the time.

Polo + Micra
You make a good point dink, did Renault supply some with blanks then?

they made blanks for cups as they still had the hole in the bumper but no washers.

there are a few that replaced washers with blanks because of leaking all the washer fluid

Polo + Micra
You make a good point dink, did Renault supply some with blanks then?

they made blanks for cups as they still had the hole in the bumper but no washers.

there are a few that replaced washers with blanks because of leaking all the washer fluid

320d
The police do a job which needs to be done. However the type of person the job often attracts is the gormless people who (wrongly) got bullied at school.

A lot of coppers couldn't spot a criminal in a prison. So instead they go around professing about things they know nothing about because unfortunately the uniform gives them power.

I'm not anti-police, they just pick the wrong people I think.

Lee

BMW M2C
It's got stains on the bumper from leaked water so I guess they've just been blanked.

They have stalks which stick out. The balls come out all the time causing them to leak though. If there aren't stalks and it's not a cup, then someone has added blanks.

They should look like this.

2716546363_08871b52fd.jpg

LeeMclio07 by RodStreet, on Flickr

Not like this.

2716518371_fd9050c8ed_o.jpg

ClioTrophy03 by RodStreet, on Flickr

extreme flamer

Brilliant, I bet that shut him up and you were on your way in less than a minute after that haha

SQ5
Half right yea, but he doesn't know they pop out as they look exactly the same as my R32 ones.

He also opened the door and told her that he has headlight adjustment which means she doesn't have auto levelling so that makes it illegal.

I think he knew the law just not that it applies to cars that were built ten years ago!

SQ5
Lol, I've just realised that he's a tit as its the dimming module for the dash lights and that the only thing down there! Haha!

Monaco 172
Unfortunately for the good Police officers out there, there's always going to be one to bring the rest down.

I think as you get older and wiser it's easier to shut them up. Knowledge is power.

Black Gold Trophy
All I can say is, this is a perfect example how a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing!
What a f*cking idiot. The sad thing is the vast majority of the public would buy into the bullsh*t coming out of his mouth

Even if it had no washers or self levelers it still wouldn't fail an MOT anyway, if they're not there, they can't test them. People will tell you otherwise, but they're wrong.