ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 Clio 172

I bought my '51 reg. Ph2 172 approx. four years ago with 25k miles. It now has 101k miles and it's still going strong :)

In August 2010, I had the cambelt, auxillary belt done as well as a few other bits (service, brake discs, pads, hoses, etc...), which cost me approx. £1k with Mike/Dave @ Rentech. Last week, I had a new clutch, had the gearbox refurbished and new rear shocks fitted, which cost me approx. £1k again with Mike/Dave @ Rentech.

In the four years of owning it, I have had no other problems, so I don't mind spending £2k in the space of 8 months, which spread over 4 years is very good.

I was also looking at how much I could sell it for and due to its age and mileage, I'd be lucky if I got £2k for it. So I was thinking... instead of selling it, which will just continue to depreciate, I might as well keep it as a track toy because I still do think it's a lot of car for that kind of money. And with no major problems, I have no real reason to sell it. It still upsets people at track days :)

So a few questions...

1. When did production commence on the Ph2's?
2. For those who have early Ph2's, what is your mileage?
3. For those who have early Ph2's, what problems (if any) have you had?
4. Am I one of the lucky ones with an old'ish/high mileage Ph2 with no major issues?

Thanks,

Damo

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
This thread will no doubt be moved-

Doesnt really matter how much you have spent on it-
52 plate with 101k is ~ 2k If its a decent colour maybe £2250

s

Stripped yozza'd cup
Being as you've just spent all that money, you have to keep it. If you sell it, you'd be financially in the same position as if you'd not bothered fixing it and set fire to it.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
52 plate 172 on 131,500 miles.

Mine has been great TBH; just had the followed fixed/ changed.

Gearbox re-con
New clutch ( made sense to change it while the box was out)
New battery
New alternator.

It's just a weekend toy/ trackday car now. I'll never sell it.

52 plate with 101k is ~ 2k If its a decent colour maybe £2250

Mine's a '51 plate and that is what I was saying... I can't see any reason to sell it.

Being as you've just spent all that money, you have to keep it.

Yep! :)

It's just a weekend toy/ trackday car now. I'll never sell it.

Kind of the same philosophy behind why I want to do exactly that :) And your car is quite a lot more than mine... and it's a year newer :)