ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 fog lights - What's the common fault?

Octavia vRS tfsi
What's the common fault (is there a common fault) on ph1 front fog lights? I've checked the bulbs and they're fine. I've also replaced the wiring matrix that runs behind the front bumper and still can't get them to work. Rear fog works fine.

Ian

CLIO PH1 172
all the wires in the clip had corroded on mine so I replaced them (not sure if its a common fault but...)

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Heres what I did to sort mine. Neither of them were working so asked mate of mine for advice. Ended up using a couple of fine model making drills that can be used in your hand and very carefully turning them inside all the wiring sockets that the pins go into on the connectors then soaked everything in WD40 and put it all back together. They both work now. The connectors get verdi-gris in them over the years and stops everything working.
It takes a little bit of time to do but if done properly well worth the effort.