ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 172's

320d
Well, I've been saving up for over a year now for a new car and the PH1 is at the top of my list. I'm looking to change in 8 weeks when I renew my insurance.

The problem is there seem to be very few about. I want a mint one that has FSH, both belts done recently, good condition and as standard as possible i.e. no bean cans etc PH2 upgrades would be fine.

I know its a lot to ask but I'm willing to pay a decent price, I don't expect all of that for 2K, but there seem to be so few about.

I've been looking on PH, Autotrader and Ebay. I know theres little point in looking now when I only want to buy in 8 weeks but it seems like theres 70% less PH1's for sale now than 6 months ago. :(

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
i was going to seel mine mate but there worth so much more than there cash value these days so its just not worth selling them, why not save for a few weeks more and get a cup?

320d
I have thought about that. To be honest mate I need to start getting insurance quotes etc before fully deciding but I am a big fan of the PH1's.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ph1 FTW. I still miss mine... well, parts of it.

AlexS has a minter. Think he's selling his? I might be wrong.

330i. E30 Touring.
It's always the way. When you're just browsing there's nothing about, and when you want to splash out you can never find anything.

Don't rush. A decent one will come up.

320d

It's on pistonheads at £2850, a steal for the condition its in. I can't get insured on one before I get my NCB so its just too soon. I'll just bide my time and look for a good one.

The problem is if I don't get one at the same time as renewal I'll have to reinsure the 1.2 then swap it over. If I agree a annual price for a 172 though then just have it pro-rata for when I change over.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Should have bought my Exclusive. THE BEST condition 172 i've ever seen in my life. And I've had brand new ones!!

Some boy racer type dude bought it from me and I have no doubt it will be wrapped round a tree in no time. :(

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
They do seem to be getting pretty popular mines been off the road for a month and sitting at the bottom out of my drive well out of view of the road and someone has already stuck a note on it asking if its for sale!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Just realised Brett started this topic! Tbh mate, I will be suprised if you buy a car this century with all your flapping! ;)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Id save up for a mk2 personally. Most Ph1's have now been to the moon and back.

Ph 1 172
Id save up for a mk2 personally. Most Ph1's have now been to the moon and back.

everyone knows they only losen up after 100k miles lol......but seriously just wait thats what i did with mine 9months ago and got it for £2800 with fsh and belts changed involved in the price. just wait.....and if possible go for somehtin other than silver lol.....i wish i had waited for a flame red one or yellow

Volvo S60 T5
I have one thats up for sale as soon as I get the reg docs from the DVLA, just had MOT/6 Months tax , engine rebuild so all belts done and a full service with new front brakes, engine mount, had a gearbox changed just before I got it and its in great condition.
Looking for offers around £2750

320d
I have one thats up for sale as soon as I get the reg docs from the DVLA, just had MOT/6 Months tax , engine rebuild so all belts done and a full service with new front brakes, engine mount, had a gearbox changed just before I got it and its in great condition.
Looking for offers around £2750

If it's available in 2 months I'll give you a shout definately.

320d
Just realised Brett started this topic! Tbh mate, I will be suprised if you buy a car this century with all your flapping! ;)

I will be upgrading at the end of August mate definately. I've had as much as I can take of my 1.2

Lol! Aslong as he has Parkers to reference, he'll be happy :cool:

If only parkers could magic me a PH1. However it has provided many interesting facts and figures ;)

It's on pistonheads at £2850, a steal for the condition its in. I can't get insured on one before I get my NCB so its just too soon. I'll just bide my time and look for a good one.

The problem is if I don't get one at the same time as renewal I'll have to reinsure the 1.2 then swap it over. If I agree a annual price for a 172 though then just have it pro-rata for when I change over.

Yep, mines for sale see link above, its not 100% mint, needs a 4 wheel refurb and a steering wheel retrim. Only 2 previous owners though. I would take £2500 for it though as i ve realised it wants another cambelt in January, quite happy to just keep it though.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
So have most MK2's now..lol
Still find some decent ones though with below 50,000.

Plus I'm sure the quality of the product must have got better in the X amount of years between the PH1 and a PH2

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Thing is the ph1 is almost 10 years old, remember low milage on a car is not always a good thing.

I would say that though, bought mine on 34k 5 years ago and it's about to hit 95k :) However it's been great and will be going on for much longer at this rate. Most of my milage is done sat on a motorway, I'd say 40-50 miles a day for my commute. It's a good run for the car, keeps everything moving without stressing it, brakes last ages :)

Also wouldn't be put off by the number of owners, when I got mine I was the 5th owner, maybe 6th (I forget), yet I've had over 60k of fun in it and it's still going strong.

Apart from a rear wheel bearing which needs doing :p

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thing is the ph1 is almost 10 years old, remember low milage on a car is not always a good thing.

I would say that though, bought mine on 34k 5 years ago and it's about to hit 95k :) However it's been great and will be going on for much longer at this rate. Most of my milage is done sat on a motorway, I'd say 40-50 miles a day for my commute. It's a good run for the car, keeps everything moving without stressing it, brakes last ages :)

Also wouldn't be put off by the number of owners, when I got mine I was the 5th owner, maybe 6th (I forget), yet I've had over 60k of fun in it and it's still going strong.

Apart from a rear wheel bearing which needs doing :p

£16 from ECP :)

320d
I'm just after one that will be as reliable as possible, I have also been looking at mx5's and a 10 year old mx5 seems to raise no conserns over reliability but a 10 year old Clio and people panic.

However which ever car I get next I will want FSH and belt changes where appropriate.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'm just after one that will be as reliable as possible, I have also been looking at mx5's and a 10 year old mx5 seems to raise no conserns over reliability but a 10 year old Clio and people panic.

However which ever car I get next I will want FSH and belt changes where appropriate.
A 10 year old japanese car will be alot more solid than a 10 year old french car.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
jesus.. I'm tempted to give mine away some days.

Admittedly I struggled to find my sunflower and thats chav'd to death :(