ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 RenaultSport-Sunflower

A45 AMG 406BHP
Recently Purchased this to the yellow car list history

ive had a few yellow cars now
  • 20vt Ibiza Cupra Ovni Yellow
  • 2 x 106 GTi sundance
  • A3 S-Line current.
Ive always wanted one of these as there was a old lady with one local when i was younger.

So the Start:
Ph1 Sunflower cliosport 172

5283862721_19bfc7de39_b.jpg

5283863945_733f3c2ce1_b.jpg

Ive already got some bits here,
IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

Had to do some slight work already, nothing major.
The car wont be used yet though, as im waiting for my renewal and then to re-insure.

Im breaking my track car too.

Ill be updating this now and then.

Comments Welcome.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
Re: Ph1 Sunflower, The Start

Please keep Phase1 rear lights, doesnt look right IMO with Phase2 lights on

275 Trophy

Love these, but a bit criptic with the pics? I've a feeling you might ruin this :dapprove:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

keep it as is ;) looks amazing. No gay Ph2 s**t! :rasp:

A45 AMG 406BHP
Re: Ph1 Sunflower, Actions have started!

Thanks for some of the comments :rasp:

Found some bits which i didnt know about
IMG_1125.jpg

was hoping id find a turbo but didnt!

did end up finding some braided brake lines(front & rear in yellow) Awesome!

So Pictures & updates
Got the ph2 stripes painted(very good match) very happy & door handles done too)
IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

Will be undertaking a cambelt,dephaser & waterpump change next year so bought these in preperation!

Sprayed the f1s in gloss black
IMG_1113.jpg

Very happy with outcome!( par needing trye black)
IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

Only done Two(same side) As started raining again! dont mind, Silver & black FTW

When taking wheels off i started to check few things( i have a real issuse with rust(previous track car being a ax so rust is always looked for from myself)

Found the shell to be clean, nothing major. Ive ordered new tub of kurust to do certain areas to protect
(ive still got crap loads of waxoil)

IMG_1115.jpg

Dirty Arches with degreaser applied in picture
Started to clean down with hot soapy Water(wasnt looking for pristine arches mind)

IMG_1118.jpg

Spot the braided:rasp: And spot the coilovers being a far amount up!!!

Rears cleaned and found to be previously waxoiled
IMG_1122.jpg

Wahayyyy!

IMG_1123.jpg

Abit of cleanage!

Plans
Finish wheels at some point-pending my workload,time,weather etc
Buy new throttle cable as this one is slightly sticking??

Thanks for looking. Ps if you dont like something, i dont really need to know:rasp:

Sunflower Ph1 172
Re: Ph1 172 ClioSport-Sunflower

Look forwad to seeing the side strips and door handles on. I'm with people on the ph2 rear lights though. I considered it with my last one, until I saw a ph1 with ph2 rear lights.

Welcome to an exclusive little club.

A45 AMG 406BHP
Bren- I loved middos ph2 rear and with ph2 bits, just was awesome looker.
Thanks for the welcome of are special club!
The ph2 bits are already on! but no pics. look alot better in my opinion-i kept the sidestripes(ph1) which no broken clips (woop) so can always revert back.

Revels sorry i didnt hit the spot with the black wheels(i originally wanted rover steel grey wheels which is a slight silver but still darker but not as dark as black. They did need a refurb anyway- as they where slightly iffy in places)
didnt cost me much on the spray so i can always re-do them-no biggy!

got some PH-quick stickers in grey too! yet again, i can imagine this not hitting some of your CS G spots.:rasp:

A45 AMG 406BHP
The phquick stickers are just bit of fun.
To break the yellow up!
They aren't fitted as of yet

Ph1 front end!
Ph2 bits!
Starting to grow on ph1 rear bumper though!

It will be very safe with me thanks!
:)

Love this matey. Look forward to seeing it with the Ph2 strips.

Ph1 bumper ftw though. I originally planned to change mine to Ph2, but I love the look of it now. (Im keeping all my bits as Ph1 though)

Petrol Blue 182.
keep the ph1 rear! i also prefer the silver wheels tbh, black just takes the look and style away from the alloy design. looks good though and i'm gna keep an eye on this thread. did you get her for a good price?

A45 AMG 406BHP
Update really:

After a few thoughts & time and finding the correct part

i bought some holts rover grey spray! WIN, so ill be grey on one side of the car & other black! This is so i can make a decision and on what colour i prefare!(plus i dont have time at the minute to do all 4 again!

I stuck one of the Ph-quick stickers on, and i previously seen pictures with them fitted and looked nice(in my opinion)
but they were swiftly removed, they just didnt look right?Heyho wasting money is easy lol

(mr revels clearly speaks some sense) :rasp:

i did order a new throttle cable as mines slightly sticking now and then(ive not even drove the car properly yet and it annoys me)- Not arrived!

These also arrived with longer wheel bolts- not sure if it will make a difference to driving handling but looks better!
d2 dexron- will be changing the power steering fluid too Oh & gearbox oil :) ELF!!

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

23ea58fd.jpg

9066046d.jpg

Last edited:
  A45 AMG 406BHP
aye im manual
the renaultmatic d2 is power steering fluid( eg dexron 2) as its ATF.
and the tranself is gearbox oil

if i remeber correctly the box holds 2 litres and im going to hazard a guess on the power steering to be around that too.

aye im manual
the renaultmatic d2 is power steering fluid( eg dexron 2) as its ATF.
and the tranself is gearbox oil

if i remeber correctly the box holds 2 litres and im going to hazard a guess on the power steering to be around that too.

Sorry. I did not have searched before. D2 is for both Automatic Transmission and Power Steering.