ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 172 alarm keep going off randomly!!!!!

172 cup
Hi there

Got a problem with my alarm going off on its own.
Had a note left on car saying it been going off all night oops, it still does it when driving which is quite annoying, it seems to be every 5-10 mins and will go off for about 20seconds then stop again.
all i want to know is how to disconnect the alarm completely without takin the wipers off and disconnecting the siren.
I've heard there is a module on top of the dashboard or something that i can disconnect how can i get to this??

thanks in advance

RenaultSport 172
Not sure if this is much help, but on my other ph1 this happened and I just removed the dash top, took the passenger airbag out and the alarm unit is there, just unplug the cables and refit everything. the remote locking still works too.

172 cup
thanks mate but prob take the scuttle panel and wipers off seems to be easier that way. what would be the best way to take the siren off shall i just cut through the wires or can it be undone??? this is basically my rat car to get to work and back till i get a new car so not bothered bout cutting it off. thanks