ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph 1 172 vs Mk2 1.9

Inferno Orange 182 FF
Both will hopfully be around the X reg, and in dark blue (forgot the name of that colour) the same colour as my first car, as im hoping to give my car back i need a cheap run around..
is it worth getting a 1.9 mapped or a ph1 172 which there arent any of?
opinions?
oh yeah i only have £2000-£3500 to spend..

and figures of both would be handy! :)
cheers me dears

Inferno Orange 182 FF
i dont like the look of silver ones from the front...
they have too many lines.. im dead picky, but tbh i think ill end up with a silver one there more common, and living on a farm with a gravel track lane im guessin silver would be the best colour to buy..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
1.9 dti's are rarer than rocking horse s**t!!

I worked at Renault for 7 years and saw 1 in all that time!! (and that was a mechanics personal car!)

CB600FS
As Dan said you'll never get a 1.9D and if you do the last thing you'll want todo is map it.

Get a DCI 65 Expression if its purely for MPG.

Inferno Orange 182 FF
ive decided on a 172 after finding blue ones :)
plus ive found out the 1.9 has a top speed of 109 or whatever it was, and about 100 less bhp.. nice one :(

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
An X reg Ph1 172 in Blue? Odyssey Blue is it>? Think ive seen about 2 Ph1's in that colour!

I have to admit (and its not cause i own one) The silver Ph1's show the lines off better, black ones (as much as id have preffered it) dont look like RenaultSports as the back doesnt show off the arches and side skirts aswell!

I would have absolutley loved a Sunflower:(

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
i dont understand how the 172 is going to cost you any less to run. do you have the 182 on finance like?

flame red, odyssey blue and Sunflower Yellow are by far the best ph1 172 colours! Silver is kinda crappy on ANY car

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Whats it like having one opinion?:boring:

I have many opinions on many things, do you own a silver car per chance?

As it happens i do mate but i would have commented regardless what colour it was.

Its a bit of a ludicrous statement to make that given that the majority of owners on here own silver renault sports be it a Titanium or Iceberg silver in one form or other, To say there "kinda crappy" your leaving your self wide open:rolleyes:

IMO silver looks rubbish on all cars. I am aware that a lot of members have titanium or iceburg ph1 172s, infact I would go as far as saying the majority of ph1 owners on here have 1 of those colours, but thats simply because more silver cars were sold than the other colours.

So I stand by my original point, silver is a crappy colour

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
IMO silver looks rubbish on all cars. I am aware that a lot of members have titanium or iceburg ph1 172s, infact I would go as far as saying the majority of ph1 owners on here have 1 of those colours, but thats simply because more silver cars were sold than the other colours.

Aye ok then:rasp:

Ill keep my ear to the ground on your future posts regarding your new white 197 and someone comments how white looks "crappy" and would have rathered a nice red or blue one, shall be intresting to see your toys fall from the pram, regards:eek:

An X reg Ph1 172 in Blue? Odyssey Blue is it>? Think ive seen about 2 Ph1's in that colour!

I have to admit (and its not cause i own one) The silver Ph1's show the lines off better, black ones (as much as id have preffered it) dont look like RenaultSports as the back doesnt show off the arches and side skirts aswell!

I would have absolutley loved a Sunflower:(
+1, im am totally the exact same as this man!!

cud u be my long lost twin? lol

Aye ok then:rasp:

Ill keep my ear to the ground on your future posts regarding your new white 197 and someone comments how white looks "crappy" and would have rathered a nice red or blue one, shall be intresting to see your toys fall from the pram, regards:eek:

people are entitled to an opinion, my response would be something along the lines of 'each to there own'

^ i agree silver is a common colour, but i cant say it looks bad, especially on the ph1, it shows the character in the car and the only other colour ive seen on the ph1 which does that is sunflower yellow.

chris white rep looks the balls too.

after seeing his i nearly resprayed my car white

still kinda wish i had of :dapprove:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Titanium 182's - 1,185

Iceberg Ph2's - 1304

Titnium Ph1's - 934

Icerbeg Ph1's - 99

Obiouvlsy these figures mean nothing now due to write off's and wherever else they ended up, abroad or whatever!

And the silver cups, although i mnot sure of how many touched down here, 500 the same as the Mondial was it?

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
dont forget the inferno 182 your trying to sell is the fastest of the 182's (inferno adds 10bhp) so should have really been called the 192 :eek:

Shame you have to sell! ;)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It would to be intresting to know how many of what are left, i know when i was looking for a Civic Jordan a few years back there was a site dedicated to all the owners ( i think they managed to get atleast 400 odd) And they listed where they were and what they paid and which were written off and which ones went abroad) Although i think they had a DVLA insider lol

It would to be intresting to know how many of what are left, i know when i was looking for a Civic Jordan a few years back there was a site dedicated to all the owners ( i think they managed to get atleast 400 odd) And they listed where they were and what they paid and which were written off and which ones went abroad) Although i think they had a DVLA insider lol
im glad youve mentioned this as i am designing a site at the min and i was wanting to do that to see how many are left cause ive seen shedloads of silver ph1 wrote off, i'll send you a link when im done.

a salesman told me that renault didnt make a 182 in a colour called inferno so does that mean your car doesnt exist?

Another one told me recently the R26-R will be a rear engined turbo charged v6...

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
I was taking the mick! Timmay knows what im referring to!! apparently everything a salesperson says is gospel ;)