ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pete's Grey/Orange Clio 182

Full Fat 182
I figured its time to start a project thread as my cars beginning to come together slowly now. I've had the car about a year. I bought the car with around 80k miles on the clock, however driving to and from Manchester / Carlisle from Surrey I have racked up the milage to just over 100k... my car became a centenarian on my 27th Birthday a week ago. This left me with two options... sell up and buy something abit newer, or renovate. Obviously there was only one logical option :)

So this is how I got the car from new. It was entirely standard. Well looked after by the previous owner with a healthy service history:

clionew1_zpsc9ac2e42.jpg

clionew2_zps6a06ed2d.jpg

blackmountainpassclio_zpsfeea7935.jpg

Since then I have completed the following work:

Orange front and rear emblems
Gunmental and orange bullets
Scorpion RS192 exhaust system (Decat)
AeroCatch bonnet pins
JBL MS-62C 6.5" 2-Way Component Speakers powered by Alpine amp
Carbon Fibre effect wrapped interior bits
Renovated speedo cluster
Stickers by N2Grafix to match colour scheme
Steering wheel retrim inspired by Gordini Clio 200 design (trimmed by Snappy)
Flocked dash (flock by Ron @ The FlockShop in Gosport)

bullet1_zps5f50f17f.jpg

bullets2_zpse44c6cc8.jpg

cleanclio_zps0202bdf5.jpg

clio182speedosurround_zpsa6388408.jpg

clio182rs182badge_zpse311da87.jpg

clio182interior2_zps437e3a32.jpg

So thats it at the moment. I've currently bought and have waiting to go on within the next month:

Fresh foglights as mine are smashed and grimy
Cooksport Springs (30mm lower back, 25mm lower front approx)
Refurbished Renault Turbines
Camber bolts

turbineshine_zpsbd5714d2.jpg

So once these bits are sorted that'll be styling and stance sorted.. then its onto the chassis and engine bay :)

Full Fat 182
No more added to the car yet... however rear shocks arrived today and fronts should arrive tomorrow so hopefully if I catch some time off Wednesday or Thursday I'll get the car down and on the Turbines.

I did however have the car out over the weekend, cleaned up nicely with a nice example arctic blue 182 :) ... oh and that Italian thing ;)

frenshambling_zpsc75ee2b1.jpg

Frensham1_zps68dc36b0.jpg

FrenshamBadge_zps55b3df99.jpg

Full Fat 182
Car is now down and on the turbines :) Unfortunately the passenger side hub flange is damaged, so awaiting a replacement before driving anywhere.

Cooksport Springs (approx 30mm lowered rear, 25mm lowered front)
New OEM Shocks etc all round
Refurbed Renault GT5 Turbines (Completed by Premier Wheel Repairs: http://www.premierwheelrepairs.com )

clioturbines_zps6c7daeed.jpg

Full Fat 182
Got my car back on the road at about 9pm this evening :) The ride is more harsh as to be expected and will take a little bit of driving to get used to, but feels dead tight in the corners. Unfortunately the tyres that came on the wheels are pretty much running on expiry, which compared to 4 month old Michelin PS3's on my standard wheels there is quite some difference in grip level, especially in British summertime rain! Not got any new pics but should of really uploaded this pic originally as it's much better / out of the rain.

clioturbinebling_zpsd08cdff8.jpg

Full Fat 182
I finally got round to replacing the grimey, non working foglights last week. While under the bumper I also removed the acoustic valve, however couldn't tell any difference so I've popped it back on for the time being until I've got some time to give it a proper drive and comparison. Anybody removed theirs with experience to share?

cliofoglights2_zpsa726bf2e.jpg

cliofoglights_zps5ad170e8.jpg