ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

personlised number plates

Artic Blue 182
who has one i am buying one now!

do you have to pay more on your insurance?

and do you have to pay a fee to your insurance company?

thanks

Astra Twintop
Probably just a admin fee of £12.50 to change the policy docs over.

No other extra charges insurance wise.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Yeah just a admid fee for new documents, think mine was £17

Astra Twintop
If you've been with the insurer a while, try and argue the toss. They might waive it.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I don't think Directline charge you, only to swap car. I've swapped mine more times than I care to remember. Dvla have made a fortune put of me in 7 years!! Lol

DB.

BMW 440i
My name is David Barton and there is a plate for 'D8 RTN' which I really want, can't justify £500 on a plate though lol

clio 182 black /gold
I bought mine in 2002. I paid £990. G8LAS. I will keep it untill i stop driving i guess.

Clio 182
When I had a private number plate my insurance never changed(why should it, it's not exackly a performance mod) just make sure you notify your insurer though. You may be charged a small administration fee for changing your registration number all depends on the specific insurance company. More Than didn't charge me anything.

rb182 cup
my plate was £250 from the dvla,which included the fees...cost me extra £50 after buying the actual plate & change of insurance

Fiesta ST
I have CT11 MPS (first initial and last name) which i bought for £400 in december, no car to put it on yet though :dapprove:

Passat
I'm thinking about CL10 PPS. PPS being my initials. Would be cool but kind of ties me to clios for the rest of my life

DB.

BMW 440i
I'm thinking about CL10 PPS. PPS being my initials. Would be cool but kind of ties me to clios for the rest of my life

Lol Awful plate. Why would you want CLIO in your plate. Surely there are more interesting things

I had a charge of £12.50 from Admiral. Administration fee.

Yeah, scratch that. It was £17 or so, dad did it on the multi policy said there wasn't but when I asked again he said yeah haha.
I paid £900ish for mine, Y2 ADM

Clio 1970000000
My name is David Barton and there is a plate for 'D8 RTN' which I really want, can't justify £500 on a plate though lol

Where is it for sale? Sometimes companies sell plates that they don't own and buy them from DVLA when they have a buyer. I would check DVLAs website first.

Passat
Originally Posted by Filippo
Lol Awful plate. Why would you want CLIO in your plate. Surely there are more interesting things

Ha. God knows mate...I was struggling alright!

AG 200
Had mine for about 6 years , £250. Thought it only meant something to me (name and lucky num) untill I was offered £1k by one of the bosses of the firm next door, he left his business card and his name was Lee-J (with the hyphen:S. ) I Said no as I didn't buy it to make money. Personalised plates are just that , personal , for whatever reason.
4709bdc4.gif

Turbos.
Mis-spaced plates are for the poor though...

New Clio owners are lucky thanks to the plates starting with CL10, as they'll be pretty cheap. A guy at work has a black 200 with 'CL10 MUG' which always makes me smile...

I have wasted quite a lot of money on car-specific plates though. Annoyingly i got out bid at a DVLA auction for my perfect plate, 85 RF :dapprove:

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Admiral charged me £17.50 to change iirc.

Plate wasnt cheap, but is perfect for someone called Davy Johns ;)

Dave , that plate must have been on about 20 cars by now, I never even knew you have a RB Cup :)

Oh and yes I'm a bit of a fan of private plates, but don't space them wrongly or use screws to make letters appear differently... just makes you look like a c**t ;)

Mine...

photo-8.jpg

1.8 Civic EX
Gets changed over when you register the new reg at the DVLA office.

ah makes sense...

wonder what the chances are of me changing the address on the V5, swapping to a private plate and taxing the car all at once if I go into the local DVLA office

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I want an FRP one but the decent ones are £400 plus unless I go for T* FRP.