ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

performance

1.4 16 Valve 2001 Clio
is it actually worth going all out on a 1.4 16valve clio, with the manifold and straight through exhaust, getting it chipped.

i like my wee clio, but soon when insurance goes down i am going to want something faster

Ph1 172
i have been down this route with previous cars the money spent to get a few extra hp is not worth i spend the money on better brakes and suspension if anything to improve the handling and make the car more usable

Chocolate Bar™
Nope then again a 2.0 ins't worth it.

stop being so pessimistic edde lol. you only live once, so do what you want with your money as you cant take it with you - but on a 1.4 id have coils and nice wheels with an exhaust as they arent too bad as standard in terms of performance.

Nope then again a 2.0 ins't worth it.

stop being so pessimistic edde lol. you only live once, so do what you want with your money as you cant take it with you - but on a 1.4 id have coils and nice wheels with an exhaust as they arent too bad as standard in terms of performance.

Arr well I'm on a depressive streak at the moment. Still it is true.

Chocolate Bar™
you need another williams and an operation on your back - then you'd get the love back ;)

you need another williams and an operation on your back - then you'd get the love back ;)

Ha ha I want somehting a bit quicker realy.

(and no not a Cup/Trophy etc there all slow the Williams was quicker than the lot of them and that was still slow). I need something to truly scare me.

Lots of Alfas
Save the money on the 1.4, you will probably look back and regret wasting the cash.

Edde, build a kit car and wack a V12 in it. Ok a Cobra is probably a bad example but something like a caterham. Thats my dream when the vw beetle project is finished.

01_4.jpg

Save the money on the 1.4, you will probably look back and regret wasting the cash.

Edde, build a kit car and wack a V12 in it. Ok a Cobra is probably a bad example but something like a caterham. Thats my dream when the vw beetle project is finished.

Kit car is one idea a bit ligther than that though thinking more go cart sized.

Never realy been into the big CC lark or the retro looks.

Breaking A 172 Replica
Edde - buy the Dax from this months Evo.

26k he wants and 0-60 in 2.5 seconds or there abouts.

You know you want it...