ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Performance Ignition leads

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Are they worth it?
Notice most members go after Magnecore performance leads. £90 new, but other manufacturers are about half that

Notice they come in diameters between 7mm and 10mm. Assume bigger is better

Are they copper, or are there better conductors (Yes, but not paying for Gold LOL)

And if anyone has a set of Magnecore performance leads then please contact me :)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Unless it's a highly tuned N/A or Turbo conversion you won't need them.

Standard Renault leads are good, plus half the time it's the 14+ year old coilpack that is at fault.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Save your money mate they do nothing to increase performance. A new set of oem Renault leads will last miles longer. I binned a set of magnecor, fitted crap and causing random misfire. They have always been a let down no matter what car ive tried them on

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Unless it's a highly tuned N/A or Turbo conversion you won't need them.

Standard Renault leads are good, plus half the time it's the 14+ year old coilpack that is at fault.
I ran OE leads on a 266hp supercharged setup with absolutely no problems. I've always used OE leads, even in my old modified GT Turbo days. There isn't any need to run something different

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
I ran OE leads on a 266hp supercharged setup with absolutely no problems. I've always used OE leads, even in my old modified GT Turbo days. There isn't any need to run something different
Absolutely this, OE leads have always been the nest quality and fit IMO.