ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Performance figures?

172 cup
I have just been looking at torque stats website as I am bored at work.

I compared the 172 sport against the 182 cup and there was a difference in 0-60 and 0-100 of almost a second.

Is this correct, I mean I know it may be a bit quicker due to a not more power but that seems a lot!

172 cup
They don't have the 172 cup on there. But iirc the 172 cup was only fractionally faster than the non cup. Just seems like a big difference.

However if it is correct surely this can be fairly easily achieved by a 172?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Put the figure comparisons down and walk away...

Do not speak of comparing 1*2's ever again

If you hadn't guessed this is a can of killer snakes

BMW M4; S1000 RR
lol @ killer snakes.

In reality it comes more down to whether you have a peach or a dog of an engine. You'd not notice the difference unless you had a race side by side and the couple of times I've had a play with a 182 I've been quicker by a couple of mph by 4th gear. But then mine is a Ph1 ;)

172 cup
Haha I wasn't actually trying to compare them just noticed both on there. I was trying to compare against a mini copper s as a friend has one.

172 cup
No I do realise that in reality these figures aren't likely to be 100% correct. But I persume they are figures from Renault.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Who cares? lol

Not being funny but they are essentially identical to each other so there isn't really going to be a noticeable difference.

172 cup
Who cares? lol

Not being funny but they are essentially identical to each other so there isn't really going to be a noticeable difference.

This I kind of my point. How come the figures released on both models differ so much on pretty much the same car. I know it doesn't really matter was just a bit curious

Clio 182 FF
Pretty sure the ph2 172 and 182 are pretty much on par every race ive seen on youtube 182 is a car length ahead and just stays there. Ph1 172 are suppose to be pretty quick because there lighter than the newer ph2's. Thats where i would of thought people get this impression of them being faster..

Nippy white cup
Yeah pinch of salt time really. Good example is two friends who we used to go to York dragway. One had a totally standard 172 the other had filter/exhaust-decat. Std was getting 14.6...slightly modded improved his times but still struggled to get 14.9's. You can get a very good engine or sometimes a really poor one but as said already until you compare side by side you wouldn't really know

172 Flamer
Had 172, 172 cup and 182 cup all with only mild mods. Out of the three i would say the 172 cup felt the fastest but the difference is very small and would buy on condition over anything else. Unless you want the 182 exhaust that is. Cant comment on the ph1 as ive never driven one.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I remember the Autocar 182 roadtest, 0-60 6.3 secs.

Mindblowing.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Was pretty much the same with the 205 gti's. The 1.6's tended to make the claimed 115bhp. The 1.9's however were hot and miss. It was rare to get one with the full 130bhp. Some were as low as 115.