ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Start up problem. Help Please

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Right a friend at work is having PC troubles. We can't get it to start up..

It keeps doing this then restarting

363291AF-DB93-4650-917E-6A41EF742F6D_zpsky4pip3q.jpg

Tried another harddrive and it said no

Help please

Ant

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Boot it up, hold f8. Press disable automatic restart on system failure. You should then see a blue screen (if it's crashing). Post the error up

Thanks,

Pushing F8 doesn't work at all it just carries on going, this is the screen and options I get

CEDF644B-9B24-4D42-9F53-0213F75C93B1_zpsqs5w2jbk.jpg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
sfc /scannow (from command prompt) once in safe mode or run system restore. Looks f**ked!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Run safe mode with command prompt and it goes back to this same page

2CC37449-59E5-4EE5-9EC0-3FF12D50EE19_zpsk9smfcqu.jpg

Will download malware bytes now

Didn't think it would. Have any software / drivers / windows updates been done lately?

Also try removing one stick of ram at a time and testing the machine (even though this usually isn't the sort of error caused by RAM issues)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Done that earlier too, nothing. Will do it again to an even earlier point and see what it does.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Done that earlier too, nothing. Will do it again to an even earlier point and see what it does.

Go back to first restore point. I would download and burn Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10, run that and see what it picks up - could be a virus as Thomas said :) OS does sound knackered though, pop a Windows 7 disc in there and repair that should fix the bootloader problem.

Restore it from a previous date. I had exactly the same on my laptop a few months back. For some reason one day it just didn't recognise my log in (which I set up when I got it years ago)

ffs lol! Any other machines you can nick some ddr3 ram from?

Okay, did you say you also tried another hard drive?

If you did try it again but with automatic reboot disabled so I can see if it's faulty hardware or software

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
ffs lol! Any other machines you can nick some ddr3 ram from?

Okay, did you say you also tried another hard drive?

If you did try it again but with automatic reboot disabled so I can see if it's faulty hardware or software

Nothing here I can nick a stick from :(

The IT guy just came down and took it away as he said he has a few repair disks, hopefully he'll sort it.

Thanks again Thomas and Thrill, much appreciated.

Session Manager kills itself at initialization if one of the files listed under HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\KnownDLLs fails verification, in this case STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH. There are ways to find which one but a repair is typically the quickest way to fix it.