ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Astra SRI/ Hornet
just been killed by a blank screen. lol awesome then he is casually walking up the stairs on the kill cam. now im pretty sure theres no invisible perk.

Nimbus Megane R26
i was playing fine on the pc yesterday, and today fk me im close to throwing it out the window! Everytime the server changes maps, CRASH!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Just completed the campaign.
Absolutely awesome! Didn't expect the little twist!

Where the interrogators confess that Solomon is one of their own.

Thoroughly enjoyed it! Just a tad disappointed with the ending, expected a nice little cut scene or something.

Now for multiplayer :approve:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
This game feels quite nice I could easily fall for it as a favourite, but no main menu?? And having to install a digital game store that's even worse than Steam is kind of tainting it for me so far...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I don't like Rush. Much prefer Conquest. Rush is too frantic IMO. It's all a bit of a rush. Oh.

Need to find a mic too.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
PMSL - what the hell have they done to the control inputs?! I've currently got 5 (yes, 5) inputs set to the right mouse button?! :S

"Hold Esc to clear this binding". For how long? Three hours?

Utter lolz. You been doing this for years, gentlemen. At least get the bloody basics right.....

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
All my buttons are working on the Xbox. FYI.

All mine are working too. Except everything on the mouse is what DICE wants it to be - not me. I seriously do laugh at stuff like this. The most fundamental core function of a game genre that has worked fine for decades (i.e. players changing inputs to what they like), now appears to be an oversight of the devs. Utter ROFL. I've just closed BF3 down now.....

D.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm looking forward to be getting some decent guns, the m16 is canny but the other assault rifle I'm not keen on. Strugglingon my K/D ratio on this I'm level 4 or 5 and I'm 1.04 K/D lol pretty bad

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Campaign delivers and not played much so far!

Except the bizarrely short corpse-stay time. Shoot an enemy dead, start walking forward and before you get near him, he disappears and a pool of blood remains. I can understand it with hundreds of enemies for the sake of preserving in-game RAM - but for one or two?

D.

Megane 225 F1
I never played the campaign for Bf:BC2 as I got bored after the 1st level. Is this really good? I loved the campaign for COD MW:2. Might give it a bash tonight.

Never above 25mpg
Except the bizarrely short corpse-stay time. Shoot an enemy dead, start walking forward and before you get near him, he disappears and a pool of blood remains. I can understand it with hundreds of enemies for the sake of preserving in-game RAM - but for one or two?

D.

Noticed that on the first Co-Op mission where you blow the second tank up and it just disappears! I'm on the 360 btw.

Not overly impressed by the online play but I'll give it time. I just kept getting spawn killed all the time last night and it made it unenjoyable.

Also lots of recoil - which is very good just hard to adjust to.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I never played the campaign for Bf:BC2 as I got bored after the 1st level. Is this really good? I loved the campaign for COD MW:2. Might give it a bash tonight.

I think the campaign mode in the MW games is better but it's still a fun game. From some comments I'd read I expected BF3 to be more of a sim warfare rather than arcade but it definitely feels more arcade like to me. The most challenging army game I played was probably Operation Flashpoint Red River which I really enjoyed.

I've not played BF3 multiplayer yet but will do so when I return home on Monday night.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Oddly I just received this in my email.
I didn't participate in the beta and it's a bit late to pre-order it now!!!

You successfully registered and played in the Battlefield 3 open beta. Thanks for joining and for helping us make Battlefield 3 even better. We appreciate your time, thoughts, suggestions and support. To check your in-games stats and interact with fellow soldiers, head to Battlelog.

Keep up the momentum and pre-order Battlefield 3 Limited Edition now

Ph2 172 Flamer
My god, this is good...

10 hours on multiplayer so far, its soooo addictive! Mostly rush and conquest, but also did a bit of TDM and came away with a 24/2 KD! M249 for the win. :evil:

Also a 395 metre headshot, f*ck yeah.

Any of you gone for the Mortars unlock?
I think it's 40k xp on support, look how overpowered it is:

I mean sure, the guy may have been lucky, but damn that's an effective weapon with unlimited ammo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Tbf - COD single player campaigns are superb. Unfortunately many people bypass them and go for the woefully flawed MP side of things instead.

Such a shame as they are really missing out, imo.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Any of you gone for the Mortars unlock?
I think it's 40k xp on support, look how overpowered it is:

I mean sure, the guy may have been lucky, but damn that's an effective weapon with unlimited ammo!

On first impressions - it does seem a tad silly with unlimited ammo. Not tried MP yet, so I don't know what the mortar's like.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Awesome game! Takes a little to get used to with the loads of different features!! But the more you play the easier it gets