ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pass plus anyone?

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Insurance is up in the next two months so been looking at ways of cutting it down.

One way is PASS PLUS scheme just wondering if anyone has done it and does it cut down the costs enough to justify doing it?.

Apparently adrian flux will knock 25% of your premium if you have done it.

Black Gold Cup Packed 182
i did the pass plus after i passed, and a local insurance company gave me an extra NCB, i thought you had to do it as soon as you passed your test.

182 T
Depends how long you've been driving fella, Ive got a relative that's a driving instructor and he told me not to bother after a couple of years. IAM or similar is more expensive but far bigger discounts.

Other people may have different experiences of course.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Well i will be 19 on my new insurance quote so still young, only reason im thinking of doing it is our local council will help pay towards it.

3 Series touring
worth it if you will ACTUALLY get a discount, i phoned up before i started and got told i could have 15% (or something like that) wich at the time was a couple of hundred quid!
id it and phoned up to tell them ......"okay, you can have 2.5% off now"

oh :/

kicked up enough of a fuss and they honoured the previous rate

R26 + EV0 FQ340
Did nothing for my premiums. I heard alot of places quoting big discounts etc then when I actually did 2 quotes (one with the PP and one without) there was no difference!

Good for getting more experience on motorways, as far as saving money goes it didn't make much difference for me.

Jap Box
Ive got it booked as it will knock money off mine. Only costing me £20 too as instructor gets sponsorship for it!

the amount I saved by doing was pretty much the same as the cost of PP. I went for it as its more driving experiance as motorways are covered.

R27
I paid £160 to do mine and it saved me £380 on my first years insurance fee back in 2006.

When I changed insurance provider to Adrian Flux for the second year I was told it didn't matter as I had a years ncb, meaning the discount of pass plus was irrelevant as a years ncb would save me more.

Overall from the first years saving it was well worth it, plus it gives you more driving experience.

SG9 Forester STi
As Mark said the PP is irrelevant in the second year (at least that's what my insurance company told me). It did me a huge favour when I first started driving though.