ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parts Required for removing AC Pump

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Whilst the engine is out I think I'm going to remove the AC pump as I've no need for it being there - after all its just taking up space & zapping a couple of bhp whilst its at it! LOL!

Am I correct in thinking I'll just need a shorter belt & different tensioner to achieve this. Anyone got any Renault part numbers for these items please & an idea on cost?

Cheers

Lee

BMW M135i
Think you can switch to the cup aux setup, not sure if theres a belt that will just fit on the standard routing just sans the a/c compressor.

Lionel Richie
cup setup ain't cheap, you have to change to a cup alternator too

if you can get the bits off a smashed cup then it won't cost much, but to buy all the bits new you;re looking at about £400

plus you need to moddify the PAS line

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Does anyone have the part numbers of the bits I would need please?

In what way does the PAS line need modifying?

Also are there any other cars in other ranges that use the same bottom end but dont have AC?

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Cups do have their benefits ;)

Just a shame it didnt seem to benefit you much!!! LMAO! :rasp::rasp::rasp:

Does anyone have a diagram of the Cup setup please?? Possibly from Reno dialogys.

I take it the pulley used on the alternator is the same width etc.