ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parts needed for battery installation in the boot?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I have an Odyssey PC680 which I plan to install in the boot.

What other parts do I need, gauge cable etc? Where is the best place to source a cage?

As the car is used once every few weeks, is it worth removing the battery and keeping on a trickle charger?

Rs200
pop into halfruads pal they sell the re re routing cables mate go on ebay and get a battery tray. i assume thats it really

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Cage can be found on Ebay - search for the battery + bracket. £20 for mine I think.

The correct gauge wire is needed (we could buy it together?). Are you fitting a kill switch? that will stop it from being drained by imob/alarm and I think Aldi or Lidl do trickle chargers for these for less than a tener.
If the Clio is similar to the Paxo, then a wire from the new battery location to the starter and one to the bonnet fuse box. Fusebox earth and battery to shell earth. If using a kill switch, then a bit more faffing, but nothing major.

Don't put it in the boot, behind the passenger seat ;)

Ph1 T
is it not as simple as positive wire from battery in boot to junction box under bonnet. 200amp mega fuse close to battery and earth from battery to shell of the car?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Cage can be found on Ebay - search for the battery + bracket. £20 for mine I think.The correct gauge wire is needed (we could buy it together?). Are you fitting a kill switch? that will stop it from being drained by imob/alarm and I think Aldi or Lidl do trickle chargers for these for less than a tener.If the Clio is similar to the Paxo, then a wire from the new battery location to the starter and one to the bonnet fuse box. Fusebox earth and battery to shell earth. If using a kill switch, then a bit more faffing, but nothing major. Don't put it in the boot, behind the passenger seat ;)
You've been researching Cortes! Good work.

Radical SR3
I fitted a Hayabusa battery in the boot (£25 rather than Varley Red Top 8 money). I bought a small alloy cage from Ebay and the cable from car builder solutions (do a search on google for their site). Just run the cable from the engine bay to the junction box and then from the box through the car to the boot. For the neg terminal just bolt to a suitable point on the chassis in the boot. I use a trickle charger on mine and just leave the terminals attached for quick connection.