ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paris new toy!!! E60 530d

Clio Sport 182
Hello all
Few weeks ago I have been offered this car from my mates colleague in such a good price that I couldn’t refuse. I always liked E39s and E60s shape but I couldn’t afford to buy one. So I had to sell my clio which I did.
Car subject now.
Is a carbon black (I think one of the best colours) pre LCI with 143K on the clock, full service history and a lots of invoices. The guy that I bought it from I know him for 5 years now. I knew that the car is mechanically maintained without cutting corner (he wanted to be reliable because he was travelling twice every year to France and still does with his F10 now) and that was the reason that the mileage didn’t put me off.

During my 3 week ownership i had the time to go through all the invoices and the money that he has spent is scary.
The car during his ownership had:
New injectors
New turbo manifold
New glow plugs and relay
New Battery
Swirl flaps delete
EGR valve and DPF cleaned
CCC unit new from BMW and fitted from Revtronic
plus more.

As I mention earlier the price that I bought it was really good. This means that the car has few small bits that they need to be fixed in order to make it fully function and a very good car.
So the list has
Parking Sensor felure
Bluetooth doesn’t work
Auto lights staying on all the time no matter if is day or night
Interior is in excellent condition but needs a really good cleaning. No damage on the seats or on the plastics, only the usual suspect (rubbery staff on window switches).
The body with a small exception the rear driver’s side door (lacquer pilling off) and rear bumper that needs re-spray is in good condition over all for the age and mileage. Ohh I need to polish the head lights as well.
I think I have cover almost everything.

Thanks
Paris

fdd160.jpg

2u74ojc.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
That looks really decent. Completely different to a clio though.
How cheap was it?

Clio Sport 182
Good morning all
yesterday was a headlight restoration day
I'm happy with the result as i have managed to get rid off the most but i will have to do them again to make them a bit better

Before.After 10.jpg

Before.After 11.jpg

Clio Sport 182
Also through my mechanic i have booked the car to visit a body shop for full rear bumper respray and drivers side rear door re lacquer.

Clio Sport 182
got the car back today. paint job is nor excellent but 95% good for the price.

bumper.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 182
Had my tires changed now. i picked the Dunlop sport maxx rt2 because on paper are really good on wet and quiet. What a difference. the car now is like a church inside. really quiet and smooth. really happy.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I just dont understand wind deflectors at all, surely on the motorway, you use aircon, & at lower speeds, you want the wind to buffet you a bit. Unless they are purely designed so that you can flick fag ash out the window a little easier?
That, or to allow you to show nearby drivers how much of a virgin you are by allowing you to exhale your vape cloud without getting wet

Clio Sport 182
I just dont understand wind deflectors at all, surely on the motorway, you use aircon, & at lower speeds, you want the wind to buffet you a bit. Unless they are purely designed so that you can flick fag ash out the window a little easier?

Never been in a situation when a wet morning you going in the car you crack open the window and in the first corner all the water from the roof is on your shoulders or on you doorcard?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Never been in a situation when a wet morning you going in the car you crack open the window and in the first corner all the water from the roof is on your shoulders or on you doorcard?
In all the cars i've owned over the years, it only happened in the MK5 Golf's. I quickly learnt to just keep the window closed :tonguewink: