ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parcel Shelf rattling.......

S2 106 GTI
I have looked at various threads but mine seems to be touching in the middle, not the sides.... how have people come up with a solution?? as I can only think of cutting it out more so it doesn't hit the centre bit on the boot ( the lump where the wiper motor is)

Rich

S2 106 GTI
I was hoping for something like pipe lagging but alot smaller, I have looked to see if the boot can keep it down but its not even touching it!

Clown Car
I tweaked mine by hand very carefully so it was not touching in the centre and it sat evenly and straight on the edges so the rubber blocks on the tailgate held it down firmly.

RS Clio Trophy
Turn the stereo up! once you cure one rattle theres always 10 more that appear, gotta love french cars

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
ive got a roll of padded tape in the back of my car. i put that on the curved section of the boot (im assuming this is the point you mean) and problem solved.

S2 106 GTI
ive got a roll of padded tape in the back of my car. i put that on the curved section of the boot (im assuming this is the point you mean) and problem solved.

Can you show me a pic please.... been looking for this padded tape or something like those little rubber dots (like you find on bottom of glass coasters, laptops etc..) but I can't find anything! and unsure on their 'propper' name to put into google!

S2 106 GTI
I had a good look today and the shelf has got a small crack in it where it has been 'tapping' the boot plastic, I did think of strengthening it but easier way is to put foam pads either side to stop it bouncing on the plastic