ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paddle shift gearbox

Clio
Yeah that's what I'm looking at can't seem to find them anywhere on the net being sold, do you know anywhere, and a rough price?

Very expensive iirc and don't come up very often. Can i ask what you are planning seen your other threads about big power etc?

Clio
Planning a 172 racecar build with the plan of eventually putting It into cscc tintops, so just getting all my info and pricing together, although this is a fairly long term project so it won't be done anytime soon

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Lol, wouldn't it be more economical to just buy an ex series car?

Clio
Probably yes, but personally I don't think it's the same as buying a standard car and doing it all yourself, for me Half the point is the process of doing it all and seeing it all come together

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Probably yes, but personally I don't think it's the same as buying a standard car and doing it all yourself, for me Half the point is the process of doing it all and seeing it all come together

Fair one.

Wasn't it you who was asking about a blagged engine conversion for your 1.2 a while back because you couldn't afford to insure it legitimately? :nono:

Guessing your financial situation has improved dramatically what with your new plans for the Sadev equipped racecar then yea?

Clio
Haha, yeah may well have been, and yes it has slightly but like I said, this is a long term project so it's not all going to happen at once, the engine and gearbox will be the very last thing to be addressed, and if you have read, I never said I'm 100% going for Sadev, hence the thread asking for different suggestions the gearbox is just something I'm trying to gain some knowledge on, it will be running a oem box for a fair while

Last edited:
  Clio
Fair enough, cheers for the help, can you recommend any other gearbox? Bearing in mind paddle shift was just a thought, suggestion for any gearbox better than oem would be appreicated

Lionel Richie
Fair enough, cheers for the help, can you recommend any other gearbox? Bearing in mind paddle shift was just a thought, suggestion for any gearbox better than oem would be appreicated

you'll be needing £3-5k as a minimum

I know its not what you want to hear but just enjoy the car as it is, if you must mod just do the little things.

Clio
Fair enough, as I said gearbox ect will be something I will look into properly in the future, as that is probably the very last thing I will consider doing

Golf GTD Mk7
Thought they could Jay? But have to run ballast.

I understand the whole wanting to build it, but an ex-racer would be the cheapest way to go. 182 ones are about 10k, 200 ones can be found for about 20k. Bargains when you consider the box cost, but remember they need rebuilds very regularly, and quite a bit of maintenance.

172 Race Car
WTF mate?

Adjective:
  1. Following in a logical order or sequence: "following a series of sequential steps".
  2. Performed or used in sequence:

A sequential box requires you to go through every gear, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. and back down. cannot skip gears like in a typical road car where the gears are laid out in the shape of a 'H'

You must of seen in car footage where they just pull or push on the stick? :S

Golf GTD Mk7
That's what I meant. How does the h box differ in car to sequential? Sequentially is just push to go up, back to go down?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
That's what I meant. How does the h box differ in car to sequential? Sequentially is just push to go up, back to go down?

are you kidding? think how a motorbike gearbox works. You can't go from 3rd to 5th etc, you have to go through each gear in sequence, hence SEQUENTIAL

Golf GTD Mk7
are you kidding? think how a motorbike gearbox works. You can't go from 3rd to 5th etc, you have to go through each gear in sequence, hence SEQUENTIAL

I'm obviously not explaining myself properly. Apologies. I know what sequential boxes are, I was just unsure about h box. So it's basically a standard road box setup in the 306 ex-btcc?

2.2 bar shed.
I'm obviously not explaining myself properly. Apologies. I know what sequential boxes are, I was just unsure about h box. So it's basically a standard road box setup in the 306 ex-btcc?

H pattern = standard gearbox. |-|-| might be a better way of saying it...