ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

p0301 at idle intermittant help pls

derv biege barge
I'm getting an intermittant misfire at idle. Only happens occasionally. Car had new plugs and leads less than 10,000 miles ago.

Engine light will start flashing sometimes when idling.

P0301 was misfire cylinder1 also getting a "t" in self diagnostic, I swapped the injectors to rule them out and cleared codes, prob went away for 3 days and came back again today when I was idling in traffic. I plugged scanner in hoping to get a p0302 code due to the injector, it came up as p0301 again. The "t" has come back too. I'm thinking its not the injector.

Could a faulty coil pack cause this intermittant issue on just the one cylinder? or if the coil pack is at fault would this be on all or random cylinders. It never does it when driving. I thought a faulty coil pack would only be evident under load? Drives fine when you drive it or at WOT, just misfires at idle.

Also is there a way to test the coil pack, i'm not a fan of buying part after part to realise the problem is still there.

I know I need a new battery as The trip computer resets itself frequently could this also be related?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:banghead:

Last edited: