ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oxygen sensor / MAF sensor - one and the same thing?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had the orange engine light appear on the lower right of the dash on Friday night - and stay on. It was there Saturday and also this morning on the way in to work.

The car behaves fine, no other issues at all. I booked it in at the local Renault dealership just to check and typically on the way there, the light disappeared. They had a look at it but want a proper work-through on it this Thursday. Initial findings seem to point towards an 'oxygen sensor'.

Can I confirm that this is the same item as a MAF sensor and approxiamtely what am I looking at to replace and fit, £££ wise?

Cheers all,
D.

172/1.2/E30
Clio doesn't have a MAF (mass air flow) sensor. ECU is calculating the load with a MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor. Oxygen sensor is located on the exhaust manifold.

Clio 182 BG
Isnt MAF on the inlet, and oxygen (lambda or something??) on the exhaust??

Yes, left side on the inlet but its called MAP sensor, oxygen sensor (same as O2 Sensor) on the cat (but there are two, one at the manifold, the second behind the cat)

Clio 182 BG
If the fault code say o2 sensor its exhaust based.

In most cases its the rear sensor that makes trouble.