ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Out in the sticks (with coilovers now on)

535d / t5 caravelle
looks spot on fella, what camera did you use? i need a decent one, sick if sh.it pics lol

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
very nice, although you now make me want mine back :(

Only thing I'm not too keen on is the front plate, just doesnt look right because of the bigger recess

dare i say it....yellow fogs :rasp:

Honda & VW
very nice, although you now make me want mine back :(

Only thing I'm not too keen on is the front plate, just doesnt look right because of the bigger recess

dare i say it....yellow fogs :rasp:

i thought someone would mention that ;)

where has yours gone, still on the forum?

Honda & VW
Do you expect driveshaft/cv boot problems running it this low?

possibly but tbh for the amount of driving i do i'm happy to risk it.
i has a VTS some years ago which was lower than this and the only problem i got on that due to the low-ness was a leaking power steering fluid hose from the front arm rubbing on it so say.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looks mint, but how anyone can even drive there car the slitest bit fast like that is beyond me.

Honda & VW
I love PH1's when they are slammed

Me to however i felt like i was driving this the other day when it snowed...

070402_jbean_mp_environment_weather_snow2.jpg

clio 172 cup
use to hate the ph1 but like em just as much as the ph2's, and urs is 1 of the best examples ive ever seen! Think id have one over a cup

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
what should i be looking out for? some part touching another?

I'm crap when it comes to the mechanics

ah ok...sorry, lol

yeah mate, your driveshaft (the shaft coming into the wheel arch from the engine (meeting the bottom of the suspension)),
just check whilst the car is on the deck that the chassis is not sat on it, otherwise your suspension will basically be doing nothing and you will be out of driveshafts pretty quick (if you haven't lost control first), yes it is that serious

Honda & VW
ah ok...sorry, lol

yeah mate, your driveshaft (the shaft coming into the wheel arch from the engine (meeting the bottom of the suspension)),
just check whilst the car is on the deck that the chassis is not sat on it, otherwise your suspension will basically be doing nothing and you will be out of driveshafts pretty quick (if you haven't lost control first), yes it is that serious

Wouldn't this have been spotted when they were fitted?
I shall see if i can spot anything dubious

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
should of been if they were fitted at a garage, but sometimes that doesn't stop people...

at one point mine had been lowered to far on to the chassis, i was pretty outraged tbh, so dangerous, will only take 2 seconds to check, defo worth it

Honda & VW
should of been if they were fitted at a garage, but sometimes that doesn't stop people...

at one point mine had been lowered to far on to the chassis, i was pretty outraged tbh, so dangerous, will only take 2 seconds to check, defo worth it

Well they were fitted by a mate who runs a garage.
might go take some snaps and post them up ?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I think they look loads better.

Having another look through your pics too and they're really good. Worth the effort.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Mine was sat on the shafts, well pretty much, it used to rub on them over every slight bump, in the end it just rubbed a hole in the plastic/chassis :)

Chassis notching is your friend but from the pics it doesnt look as low as mine so you shouldnt have any issue's mate

Yellow - i did a p.x with a mate for a 106 rallye 16v, i took the coils, cup spoiler etc off the clio so if I saw it again I wouldnt want it back lol

Honda & VW
Mine was sat on the shafts, well pretty much, it used to rub on them over every slight bump, in the end it just rubbed a hole in the plastic/chassis :)

Chassis notching is your friend but from the pics it doesnt look as low as mine so you shouldnt have any issue's mate

thanks i didn't think mine was the lowest, good to know.

Yellow - i did a p.x with a mate for a 106 rallye 16v, i took the coils, cup spoiler etc off the clio so if I saw it again I wouldnt want it back lol

odd choice, i nearly bought one 6 months ago but decided they were a bit too boyish if that makes sense (compared to a clio:S)

Quick though with the right work done to them, standard cams?

why the change for that then