ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Our new cup

Megane r26
Found this literally round the corner from my place

DFC3F763-77CD-4B69-BB19-DCACDB756001_zpscoqs5t2o.jpg

Going to double as my daily and the car that my missus is going to take on track instead of my R26 as she's scared of that haha

Karlos172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio182 Trophy/R5GTT
Love a Cup, had one for 5.5 years and 75,000 miles as a daily. Looks a really good clean example.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Seems to be a few nice ones popping up on gumtree recently. Love a nice standard cup. Hopefully I'll have one soon...... @Cribert

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Got my v6 off gumtree last week cant understand why everyone slates gumtree tbh

RB Clio 182
Love that it looks ace!

I love cups too, might sell the turbo and buy one to and free up some money, then make the cup oem immaculate.

Megane r26
Fingers crossed I can fetch it tonight, the lad who owns it has moved to Leeds so I've dealt with his brother and he had to post the logbook back home which he did yesterday morning.

Just got to ring sky insurance to sort that today, came out around 450 as its a new policy and my NCB are on my Megane and I had an accident 2 years back in the missus car so I didn't think that was bad

Clio 172
It looks mint, can't believe you found exactly what you was looking for just round the corner from you. Lucky man lol. Problem with cups at the min, is they are worth more in bits than as a whole, so loads being broke for parts now. Will end up being rare

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It's advertised at £2700. Strong money! It should be a good one at money like that

Megane r26
I didn't pay 2700 for it ;)

It's got full history a lot of it at diamond motors including a belt and it's been owned by an enthusiast that's known on forums.

Looked at loads but most of them were ill modified or stupid mileage

It drives great too

Clio 172
As said before, I don't think you can get a cheap cup now, as all the cheap ones get broke for parts. Let's be honest £2700 for a low mileage cup isn't bad really, that money wouldn't get you a mint, track ready anything else. Plus he got it cheaper, so win win

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Pretty sure I see this on my commute, I originally saw it at one house on the main road and now it's in the housing estate! Now it all makes sense

Megane r26
So absolutely loving the cup so far, out of all the 1*2's I've owned it certainly feels the most alive.

The brakes feel great and it just feels so adjustable, little lumpy idle but just checked all the injectors and one is reading 8ohms which is half what it should be so just going to order one now!

Nice to see mid 30mpg too after last nights trip to brum and a spirited drive home