ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Our 182 for sale

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
What does cs see as a lowest price for this? I'm tempted to have it if she gets stupid offers for it

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BG 182
Wow how has nobody bought this I paid a fair bit more for one with 9 previous owners and higher mileage 3 weeks ago !

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I honestly don't know mate, had 3 offers of 1k but it's 1200 firm. Dirt cheap for a 182 with belts done, just a shame about 5th gear catching a little

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BG 182
Yeah exactly wish I didn't see it to be honest I paid just under £2k for mine no proof the dephaser dome or aux belt and not any major mods on it either

Would of snapped your hand off

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182 FF
The problem is the gearbox, people mention belts everytime when buying a 1*2 and rightfully so but a gearbox can be even more costly than belts and it's an unknown until you split it...

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
The problem is the gearbox, people mention belts everytime when buying a 1*2 and rightfully so but a gearbox can be even more costly than belts and it's an unknown until you split it...
Yes but it's still bloody cheap. Gearbox can be had for peanuts and fitted by a mechanically minded buyer or refurbed for 3/400 quid all in. It's not as if the car isn't driveable until it's booked in to have it done. We'd get it done but we'd rather sell cheap as is and save the need to take it

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182 FF
Dont get me wrong im not slating your car at all...£1200 is nothing these days but I thought this with my 182 on 95k, only symptoms I had was reverse would grind now and again and 2nd high up revs would catch slightly, turned out my gearbox didn't have one salvageable part in it.... Complete replacement box was needed which cost a lot more than belts...:weary:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah I had one with caught in 3rd. Not fun. The parts for these cars are peanuts now tho. Shouldn't sell to any Joe bloggs but to someone who has the skills to switch a box over no probs, but then with that everyone wants it even cheaper as they have more options to buy, fix and sell on. Dunno. I sold one of my mates with a snapped belt in bits for 800!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182 FF
I know it doesn't make sense at all...! I was just assuming people don't like the unknowns of a box issue as opposed to a belt change which is a known quantity.... If you could source and fit or fix it avoiding stealer hourly rates it's a steal, otherwise could be costly, just a shame Renault didn't make the boxes a bit better!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182 FF
In fact, knowing what I know now after replacing my box, I'd actually look for a 182 just like this and invest in a new box and clutch knowing I could get another 100k miles out of the car.... At the age these are now most 1*2 gearboxes are well past their best.... It makes more sense buying cheap and investing if you plan to keep it for years.....

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
In fact, knowing what I know now after replacing my box, I'd actually look for a 182 just like this and invest in a new box and clutch knowing I could get another 100k miles out of the car.... At the age these are now most 1*2 gearboxes are well past their best.... It makes more sense buying cheap and investing if you plan to keep it for years.....
Indeed. What I do with my cars now, buy em cheaper and spend a wad getting the big jobs done for more peace of mind than some tatty receipt or something.