ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ouch At The Insurance Renewal :-(

Lionel Richie
i remember watching that insurance program about aviva/nowrich union a few years back, a bloke's payout was rejected because his "locked garage" was down the street from the house!!

RB 182
Thanks :) ... It is always in a garage as it's the only place to park in the flats I live, I say its in an office car park through the day though.
I hate car insurance companies ... they pick and choose what to charge and cover when it suits them!

Mine is in underground car parking so i said secure car park, worked out a hell of a lot cheaper than garaged.

172, Tiguan
172 Cups have always been tricky to insure. I suspect it's because every year a fair number of them get written off (blame the lack of ABS).

RB 182
I blame the fact that a lot are owned by 19 year olds and get written off. Having said that my insurance really wasnt that bad this year!

RB 182 FF
It does take the piss the cost of insuring a 172 Cup, it's down to the average owner I suppose, how many claims, how desirable to muppets etc. I pay 500 fully comp (old git) and it's the most expensive car to insure in our family!

Golf R32 - £440
Polo Blue Motion - £180
Jaguar S-Type - £400
TVR Tamora - £250!

i got £320 quid fully comp on mine

172 Cup
172 Cups have always been tricky to insure. I suspect it's because every year a fair number of them get written off (blame the lack of ABS).

The quotes I've had for a Cup are the same as a non-Cup.
I've also been getting the same quotes for 172's as for 182's!

Clio 172
Last year on my fiesta i shaved my insurance by £750 by adding my mam and her lad onto my policy with elephant so even if theyre not the cheapest atm they might be by the time you add some drivers on, also bear in mind that this new 'women pay same as men' ruling start shortly so you can expect a substantial rise. If its anything to go off im 21 in Jan and been quoted £1500 for a 2002 172 tpf&t.

SG9 Forester STi
I hate insurance. Insane premium rates atm are making me worry about March when mine needs to be renewed. It went up last year by £300 and it's a nightmare insuring the conversion as it is!

I hate insurance. Insane premium rates atm are making me worry about March when mine needs to be renewed. It went up last year by £300 and it's a nightmare insuring the conversion as it is!

know the feeling just got quoted 1082 off admiral which is better than the original 1349 renewal they sent me, brentacre was 1159.95 and privilige through go compare was 1100/1200