ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

orange question

Toureg vW Transporte
hey guys wonder if anyone can give me a quick answer to my question. i have a orange pay as u go at the moment. i want an orange contract phone i have seen on the link website. can i purchase this and keep my existing number??and how do i go about this? i need to do this as my existing number is on my business cards? many thanks

Black Twingo GT
Yes, you can.

Order the phone/contract and call them they should do it for you.

If you go to another network ring Orange up and ask for your Porting code to move networks and they a should give you a number. Then you order the phone/package you want and call them with that code.

You may have a time with two phones, with the new one having a temporary number. though after short amount of time the Orange PaYg sim should shut off.

Dan

Toureg vW Transporte
cheers dan. phoned the link and they said they couldnt port? the number from an orange pay as you go to an orange contract.only orange can do that , so in the end ive had a business tariff from orange.thanks for your help anyway mate

Black Twingo GT
Sorry bud the Link are talking shite, I was previously told you cannot port from Orange PaYg however my girlfriend needed a new phone and still wanted her number. She had a pay as you go Orange, she is now on Virgin with the same number...so you can port, I rang Orange and got her code, then called Virgin and set the number up.

Or maybe you just can't port internally with Orange, if so thats p1ss poor and you should have just shifted providers keeping your number.

Anyway prior to my rant Im glad your sorted matey.

Dan.