ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange price rise

Clio 182
Has anyone had a letter through the post to say your monthly bill has gone up?
Surely they cant do this out of the blue? I agreed to pay a set monthly fee over 2 years and no more...

Is it worth a moan? Or do i just accept it?

clio 16v
My GF had this. Your T&C's probably state they can increase the monthly cost by a certain amount, usually a percentage of what you agreed to pay. If the rise is more than this you can cancel without penalty.

107 Track Car & C4
I got a letter too, but it was a rise in cost for the insurance. Which I'm going to cancel.

Can't wait to get away from Orange, really can't.

BMW F21 125d
Not had anything yet, but I'm on paperless billing, so maybe I'll have a message in my online account.

Clio 182
Im paperless billing too, still got lettered.
Tbh, im looking for a reason for them to cancel my contract for a discounted amount.

yes received it today, gone up by 99p the robbing b******s but saying that its my mums contract i just kept it in my name from when i had it for a ex gf, i moved from orange to Vodafone as they were utter shite

Audi A5
Mines gone up aswell, not too fussed about the slight rise, it's the odd month when I get charged 20-30 more than I should that Really p**ses me off. even if I am partly blame :eek:

when my contract finishes I'm going to giffgaff, pay as you go ftw.

Mondeo TDCI 130
My service is s**t, whenever i want to ring anyone I have no signal or get cut off. Utter pap.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
"[h=2]Orange price rise"[/h]
Read this and immediately thought of TRADING PLACES!!! lol

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
£1.31
It was 41 a month but for some reason its always over
Don't no how. Haha
I have unlimited mins and texts and 2gb of Internet.

107 Track Car & C4
I've just got off the phone to Orange. I've cancelled my Insurance and also dropped my tariff down to £36 from £41.

I've also gained 1gb extra of internet and unlimited text/calls to T-Mobile and Orange for nothing, all because I'm under 24.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Exact reason i sacked off lengthly contracts. 30 days ones FTW.

107 Track Car & C4
As soon as this is over in December, I'm leaving Orange and getting a SIM only, monthly rolling contract. It's the way forward!

Bumder With A Buffer
Im currently with Orange and will be cancelling on 30th April when my contract runs out.

Will be going onto GiffGaff and buying a phone outright from now on.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I already get 40% discount so I'll give them a bit back!

An orange one
£1.31
It was 41 a month but for some reason its always over
Don't no how. Haha
I have unlimited mins and texts and 2gb of Internet.

This!!! Mine is £31 with O2, unlimited,unlimited and 1gb which I never go anywhere near, and it comes in at different figures each month! :S

Clio 182
I was at £41 a month, then dropped it to £36 a month and for some strange reason a £10 p/m discount has been applied?! So £26 a month plus my £1.60 price rise.
And still im moaning!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
This!!! Mine is £31 with O2, unlimited,unlimited and 1gb which I never go anywhere near, and it comes in at different figures each month! :S

Again same for me... I was on £36 (before increase) and every month it's between £38-44 despite going absolutely nowhere near any of my limits.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Again same for me... I was on £36 (before increase) and every month it's between £38-44 despite going absolutely nowhere near any of my limits.

This was reason I cancelled my contract from 02, i cancelled my direct debit, for the last 6 months i phoned them up every month and got them to explain why my contract was more than it should be, and got them to refund me the difference before i'd pay it.

I'm with Tmobile as we know have joined forces with orange. Last year I had a letter front tmobile (now EE) saying that the monthly bill is going up due to inflation. b******s. Was £45 a month for Unlimited texts,calls and Internet and its now £40 a month after my renewal mg signal is s**t and very sketchy at the best of times only ever since they joined orange.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I'm with Tmobile as we know have joined forces with orange. Last year I had a letter front tmobile (now EE) saying that the monthly bill is going up due to inflation. b*****ds. Was £45 a month for Unlimited texts,calls and Internet and its now £40 a month after my renewal mg signal is s**t and very sketchy at the best of times only ever since they joined orange.

Is that this Full Monty thing they offer? Couple of guys i work with are on that and say its all well and good offering unlimited everything, but you can't get any fecking signal to use it! Lol

DB.

BMW 440i
I'd still rather be with T Mobile and have a small price charge increase with unlimited data, as opposed to O2 with 1GB data for the same price.

Well Tmobile do have there fair usage policy bull crap it's not affected if I'm browsing text based websites or Facebook but it will start to knock off my allowance when I watch videos load images and the likes if I'm not on wifi. I think the fair usage is like 1GB i think.

DB.

BMW 440i
I'm with T Mobile and used 4 GB in two weeks, no problem. (When i signed up, I asked for that and they said the fair usage is more than you will ever be able to use).

DB.

BMW 440i
Lol that's unlucky. I've had it since September now and abused it quite regularly when away from WIFI, never been charged.

Although I do get charged 25p for picture messages when not sent through iMessage now, which I didn't on O2. Most go through iMessage or Email though.

Bumder With A Buffer
IMO Orange/TMobile do not offer/try to do anything to keep customers anymore.

The "range" of phones is s**t now on Orange. When I rung up yesterday to see how to cancel my contract the guy said "We have the Nokia Lumia 920 that is a comparison to the Nexus 4" (I want the Nexus 4)

For starters No it isn't. Secondly its £45 per month. I explained that I was thinking of going onto giffgaff as over 2 years its over £100 cheaper to buy the phone outright and use giffgaff instead. I think his reply was "Ahh but you don't get the customer service like you do with us, you can call us up unlike them". Is that your best selling line??!!

I pay £1.85 a month for my Vodafone contract when I take in my £150 Quidco cashback and 30% discount a month. I get unlimited mins, texts and 1GB data. Can't believe some people pay over £30 for a contract per month.