ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions please! :-)

Ultra Red Clio 197
Hi all!

Before I go any further --- Mods: I assure you I am not trying to advertise, but feel free to delete this thread if you think I am! I am after constructive feedback! cheers! ;)

As some of you will know I am a freelance web/graphic designer... Ive done a few websites for people on here.. Anyway, today I finally launched a full ecommerce website for a client and I would be very grateful if some of you could take the time to give me some constructive feedback regarding anything to do with the site. www.jonzara.co.uk

Ive asked a few friends, but incase they are scared to tell me it looks crap is why im now turning to asking a few strangers on Cliosport! lol...

Anyway, thanks very much!

Cheers
Ross

FF RB 182
Looks good. I'm just learning how to do websites now at uni, mine is very simple lol.

Must of taken ages!!

White clique
I think the site looks really impressive, the only things i'd add is that the logo looks a bit "cut and paste" and the bit at the top right with contact is looks almost like a search field so maybe the font needs changing, but apart from that i'd be happy with it as my site!

Ultra Red Clio 197
wow.. better responses than I thought id get! thanks!

Has anyone had any issues with the site load time?? This is a common problem with Magento, so it will be interesting to hear!

Last edited:
  Ultra Red Clio 197
I think the site looks really impressive, the only things i'd add is that the logo looks a bit "cut and paste" and the bit at the top right with contact is looks almost like a search field so maybe the font needs changing, but apart from that i'd be happy with it as my site!

Thats good feedback thanks! I will look at improving some of the issues you have mentioned.. However it has been passed by the client but like my clio it doesnt make it any easier to stop tweaking it!

Definitely Professional. For some reason it looks familiar.

Hope not! only went live at 5pm today! Maybe its Magento you are familiar with?

Rav4
lol I was just going to say it was magento community. Have you seen their new one, how expensive it is!!!

Anyhow, you have integrated the template very well, well done.

I like it :)

One thing, when the products are in a grid, I don't like the visible lines dividing the products, when you don't have any products in there, it still shows the lines. :)

Magento is the basket/checkout software incase some dont know what im talking about!

Ultra Red Clio 197
lol I was just going to say it was magento community. Have you seen their new one, how expensive it is!!!

Anyhow, you have integrated the template very well, well done.

I like it :)

One thing, when the products are in a grid, I don't like the visible lines dividing the products, when you don't have any products in there, it still shows the lines. :)

yeah, I take it you mean enterprise edition? I think I'll stick to open source thanks! lol.. its something like 8 or 9k!! I flew over to london for Internet world on wednesday and met a few magento people.. was good! Did anyone else visit over the 3 days at Earls Court?

I never really took that much notice of the lines when there are no products.. doesnt bother me that much tbh!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
A good website mate, looks very professional. I'm very picky when I buy on the net, and I won't buy from a company I don't know that doesn't have a decent looking website as its the first contact you have with a company and I assume if the site is not good enough, the company might not be either, but I'd definitely buy from that place if ever I needed anything they sell.

I was going to say the only bad thing is a personal preference really, I don't like too few items on a page. But I've just noticed that when you change the number of items on a page, it uses the same selected value for all pages when you select other options, which is a nice touch I don't remember seeing elsewhere.

If you want me to be really picky and this is really picky, I could moan that it'd be nice if products were placed under the menus on the right and the left so you don't have to scroll as much, eg. having say 5 products across. Or just having a menu on one side. Like I said that's being a bit anal and its not very important at all, but it might be a nice touch if the company has more products to view for each section.

Great website though, great design and layout, it does look a bit like www.johnlewis.com which is the first thing that came into my head, but that's a cracking site too so you can't complain about that. Good efforts mate. The others in your portfolio look really good too mate.

Ultra Red Clio 197
A good website mate, looks very professional. I'm very picky when I buy on the net, and I won't buy from a company I don't know that doesn't have a decent looking website as its the first contact you have with a company and I assume if the site is not good enough, the company might not be either, but I'd definitely buy from that place if ever I needed anything they sell.

I was going to say the only bad thing is a personal preference really, I don't like too few items on a page. But I've just noticed that when you change the number of items on a page, it uses the same selected value for all pages when you select other options, which is a nice touch I don't remember seeing elsewhere.

If you want me to be really picky and this is really picky, I could moan that it'd be nice if products were placed under the menus on the right and the left so you don't have to scroll as much, eg. having say 5 products across. Or just having a menu on one side. Like I said that's being a bit anal and its not very important at all, but it might be a nice touch if the company has more products to view for each section.

Great website though, great design and layout, it does look a bit like www.johnlewis.com which is the first thing that came into my head, but that's a cracking site too so you can't complain about that. Good efforts mate. The others in your portfolio look really good too mate.

Sorry I havent been on since posting this thread, but thanks Vish for taking the time to write a really good review and give your honest opinion. Im really pleased that you like it.. As it is it fits my clients needs and although I agree with some of the points you mentioned the job has been finished now so to do them id have to work more hours on it which would mean me working on it and loosing money as I didnt quote for some of your suggestions.. I will however remember them for the next one! John Lewis is similar like you say, although I think it has alot to do with many websites now having the large revolving flash imagery on the homepage!

Anyone need a site?!! ;)

Thanks again guys!

306 TD Slut
Have you tested this site on Mac? I think there might be an issue with the drop down nav and the flash. When hovering over the drop down, whilst there's a flash transition the menu disappears.

I see you've used wmode transparent so not sure what else it could be.

Spacing between the bottom row of thumbs could be the same as the row above..

Maybe its just me, but all the card logos at the bottom look a bit 90's, im sure there are some nicer ones with gradients out there, could also be a bit smaller.

Im just being picky. nice though

Ultra Red Clio 197
Have you tested this site on Mac? I think there might be an issue with the drop down nav and the flash. When hovering over the drop down, whilst there's a flash transition the menu disappears.

I see you've used wmode transparent so not sure what else it could be.

Spacing between the bottom row of thumbs could be the same as the row above..

Maybe its just me, but all the card logos at the bottom look a bit 90's, im sure there are some nicer ones with gradients out there, could also be a bit smaller.

Im just being picky. nice though

Thanks for the good feedback.. I havent tested it on a mac because I dont have access to one.. but did test in Safari and all seemed to be ok. The card logos where provided by the payment processor Protx but like you I dont like them so when I get a chance will replace with something nicer looking.. You dont by any chance have a link to nicer looking ones?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Sorry I havent been on since posting this thread, but thanks Vish for taking the time to write a really good review and give your honest opinion. Im really pleased that you like it.. As it is it fits my clients needs and although I agree with some of the points you mentioned the job has been finished now so to do them id have to work more hours on it which would mean me working on it and loosing money as I didnt quote for some of your suggestions.. I will however remember them for the next one! John Lewis is similar like you say, although I think it has alot to do with many websites now having the large revolving flash imagery on the homepage!

Anyone need a site?!! ;)

Thanks again guys!

No problem at all mate. The points I brought up were really quite anal and wouldn't bother me at all TBH and most people probably wouldn't even notice but just something that came to mind and as you wanted an honest review...

Great skills though mate.