ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions going from 172 -> R27 197?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yup, below 2-3krpm it's like the pedal's connected to the throttle body with a very slack bungee cord.

Above 5k it's better, but still not twitch-your-ankle-razor-sharp.

I'm learning to drive around it, have to give it a more considered stab when rev matching, but beyond that it's no issue at all really. Certainly nothing that makes me want to get it mapped.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i think its probably to make it easier to drive around town at slow speeds, as it is as mark says a bit better higher up the rev range.

its more like driving a cable throttle car when using heel and toe you have to give it a proper stab, my GT with the same pedal setup had razor sharp throttle response on it and it just needed a little rock on to the accelerator to rev match perfectly.

PB Clio 172
on the mpg note, why is the 197/200 so different on mpg to the 1*2 ?? Sure as time goes on the mpg of cars should be going up not down

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Same engine, higher state of tune, 100bhp/litre is never going to be economic.

Bigger car, bigger hole needs to be punched through the air, more mass, requires more fuel to get it moving.

Simple.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Thanks everyone!

Think my minds made up on looks alone, I'm going to start selling my stuff off my 172 and save towards a LY R27.
I'll be looking to buy come April/March time...

Other cars that crossed my mind where...
-BMW Z4 2.2
-Megane 230 R26
-Porsche Boxter 2.7
-Golf GTi Mk5

I would get a mk5 !!!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
newer clios seem to big to me. IMO the new twingo is about the size I would expect a clio to be and the new clios are not far from the old megane size.