ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opening bonnet on locked car?

Renault Clio Mk2
is it possible? Mk2 05 clio 1.2
I've been stupid enough to lock my keys inside the bonnet.. (Very stupid I know) and now I've got no way of getting into the car to latch the bonnet open.

I've cut a section out of the grille to give myself a bit more space but can't seem to hook the mechanism out. Anyone got any tips?

Failing that what is the cheapest way into the car? Was thinking of removing the rear window (it's a 3 door) and then paying to get it reglued back into place?

Many thanks, Sam

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Bonnet release cable runs down passenger wing and across slam panel, any chance of breaking the grille and finding the release cable and pulling on it to open bonnet?

Renault Clio Mk2
Bonnet release cable runs down passenger wing and across slam panel, any chance of breaking the grille and finding the release cable and pulling on it to open bonnet?
Found the release cable and done a lot of pulling but doesn't seem to budge :/

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Found the release cable and done a lot of pulling but doesn't seem to budge :/
Can you feel around to the release mechanism itself? If so try pulling on the latch rather than cable, might help to apply a bit of downward pressure on the bonnet whilst pulling as the bonnet has a spring to lift it when pulling cable from in the car

Renault Clio Mk2
Can you feel around to the release mechanism itself? If so try pulling on the latch rather than cable, might help to apply a bit of downward pressure on the bonnet whilst pulling as the bonnet has a spring to lift it when pulling cable from in the car
Will give it a go tomorrow! Likely to be done by hand?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Theoretically yes but depends on access as to whether you can get a good grip on it, and how strong you're feeling :)

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Get a long piece of wire and an empty toilet roll holder.

Pull the top of the passenger door away from the car (Easier the further towards the back of the car you go) and slide the toilet roll holder into the gap and run the wire through, aim for the central locking button.

It's fiddly but works.

Disclaimer: This is purely advice for getting into your own car and not to get into anybody else's !

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't jacking the car up high one side and rocking it a little worth trying? trying to shake the keys off so they fall onto the floor? Probably sounds daft but I've seen it done that way, quite easy

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't jacking the car up high one side and rocking it a little worth trying? trying to shake the keys off so they fall onto the floor? Probably sounds daft but I've seen it done that way, quite easy
It's a Clio, could probably just get 4 or 5 mates round and pick it up and give it a shake.

330i. E30 Touring.
Bend top of passenger door and wedge. Use long thin rod to push electric window switch.

Get a long piece of wire and an empty toilet roll holder.

Pull the top of the passenger door away from the car (Easier the further towards the back of the car you go) and slide the toilet roll holder into the gap and run the wire through, aim for the central locking button.

It's fiddly but works.

Disclaimer: This is purely advice for getting into your own car and not to get into anybody else's !
Instructions unclear. In police cell. Send help.