ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

oh well that is disappointing.

BMW E46 330i Touring

You can, I did it on mine as the playlists were bugging me...

Go to your phone's summary and select 'manually manage music and videos'. I've unticked 'sync music' in the music tab (although not sure if this is necessary) and I can drag and drop songs / albums onto my phone in the old fashioned way.

BMW E46 330i Touring

How do you mean? Why would you manually manage them on the phone? If you want to manage them then connect with itunes and add, remove, create playlists, etc...?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

negative.

i mean what ads_172 said tbh. i want ot be able ot pick and choose what i put on it in itunes and not just ''sync all music'' or just certain playlists.

Oh, my bad.

Yeah do waht ad said then. I just presumed you mean on phone.

Storm Grey 200
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

wtf, how come an iphone is $99 but like £330 here.?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

SLK 350

lol at people who want a device like an iPhone for peanuts.

Recaro Black Gold 182

I couldn't wait...

3.0 Baby!.jpeg

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Just a heads up for people.

You can internet tether for free without the bolt on as long as your not stupid with it. O2 can detect tethering through the amount of data usage, so as long as when you tether your only browsing the internet and watching the odd video like you would do on your iphone they've no way of knowing if your using your iphones internet or tethering to your laptop.

If they detect your tethering without the bolt on you get 3 texts warning you of this before they start charging you per MB.

Go cry to your momma!

I'm on Tmobile - tethering WnW FTW!

BMW M4; S1000 RR

If they detect your tethering without the bolt on you get 3 texts warning you of this before they start charging you per MB.

I was under the impression it's very easy to detect someone using their mobile as a wireless modem simply by the ports that are being used.

Have you tried it?

I don't have a laptop but if I did I'd rinse the internet non-stop when on the move, I can see an iPhone contract appealing to quite a lot of people with this addition as it means you wouldn't need a separate deal and it's always with you.

Recaro Black Gold 182

Just a heads up for people.

You can internet tether for free without the bolt on as long as your not stupid with it. O2 can detect tethering through the amount of data usage, so as long as when you tether your only browsing the internet and watching the odd video like you would do on your iphone they've no way of knowing if your using your iphones internet or tethering to your laptop.

Not sure that's going to be the case, as within the OS you have to activate tethering at which point it asks to direct you to a link where i presume their is some payment process?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Just passing on information from the macrumors forum where several peopel claim to have done it this way and had no issues with it.

BMW M4; S1000 RR

I'm trying to convert series 7 of 24 to an iPhone compatible format.

I thought MP4 would work but apparently not, unless I'm just not choosing the right setting.

I've been trying HandBrake with the iPhone & iPod Touch preset and it converts the .avi which won't play in iTunes to either an M4V or MP4 which both play in iTunes, but won't Sync with the phone...

Any hints?

172 Cup

I'm trying to convert series 7 of 24 to an iPhone compatible format.

I thought MP4 would work but apparently not, unless I'm just not choosing the right setting.

I've been trying HandBrake with the iPhone & iPod Touch preset and it converts the .avi which won't play in iTunes to either an M4V or MP4 which both play in iTunes, but won't Sync with the phone...

Any hints?

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPhone/

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Didn't work... The file it made won't even play in Quicktime or VLC player.

Is there anywhere that lists the spec of video required to play on iPhone? It would be a lot easier to work out that way tbh.

172 Cup

MP4 or H.264 are the formats supported by the iPhone.

If the converted file won't even play in VLC player (which plays absolutely anything) then it sounds like you are doind something wrong.

J03

MX5 1.8

ok finally ive waited this long and the new hardware has finally come out as predicted. now the question is... is it worth it..? am willing to go halfs with my dad for the phone as it was meant to be my 19th present for april but i said i can garantee a new one is due soon so lets wait. all in all am contributing about £200 for it.. i want the pay and go one obviously its the more sensible option in the long run.. i use alot of texts so all them tariffs are rediculous for what you pay for.. the simplicity sim is the way forward

BMW M4; S1000 RR

I'd be inclined to agree, though it only happened with that program you linked to Griff, I'll give it another go later, it took about 40 minutes on this sack of s**t:dapprove:

BMW E46 330i Touring

^ Aye, for a video file not to play in VLC means that it simply can't be a valid video file!

Do the files play okay before they're converted?

BMW M4; S1000 RR

^ Aye, for a video file not to play in VLC means that it simply can't be a valid video file!

Do the files play okay before they're converted?

The ones by HandBrake worked in VLC and iTunes. They were .mp4 and .m4v

The one by Videora made a video nearly twice the size of the others in .mp4 which wouldn't play in anything, so yeah, corrupt.

I'm beginning to wonder whether it's something in the source video or whether that was just a freak occurance by Videora.

BMW M4; S1000 RR

The error message it shows is,

Error-2002: a bad public movie atom was found in the movie

BMW M4; S1000 RR

I'd seen that one Griff and the download link for TV Tagger is gone, and the actual project has been abandoned apparently.

I've also tired AoA MP4 patcher or whatever it's called, that didn't work. My guess is that something wrong is happening when the convert is being done.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

Coorect me if I'm wrong but the new 3gs model doesnt look any different than the 3g (2nd Gen model)????

I've not see one in the flesh only web pictures.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Itunes tags

What tagging system does itunes use is it IDV3 like winamp? I need to go through my entire music collection and ensure they are tagged correctly for when i put them onto my iphone on friday.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Coorect me if I'm wrong but the new 3gs model doesnt look any different than the 3g (2nd Gen model)????

I've not see one in the flesh only web pictures.

Same measurements but 2 grams heavier

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Re: Itunes tags

What tagging system does itunes use is it IDV3 like winamp? I need to go through my entire music collection and ensure they are tagged correctly for when i put them onto my iphone on friday.

Yes, ID3.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

does anyone know how to get pictures taken on the iphone, off the damn thing.... doing my nut in now - I've sync it, the pics included but either they haven't transferred from the phone or there's a special programme need to view the damn things... help

172 Cup

does anyone know how to get pictures taken on the iphone, off the damn thing.... doing my nut in now - I've sync it, the pics included but either they haven't transferred from the phone or there's a special programme need to view the damn things... help

When you connect the iPhone it will start iTunes but it should also open a window asking you if you want to view your photos or go to the folder where they are stored. In the same way it does if you stick a USB stick in for example.

1.8 Civic EX

assuming you don't have "auto play" enabled on your machine

connect the iphone to the computer, go into My Computer, the phone will be there almost as if it's an external hard drive, double click it, open the folder and theres your pics, just copy/cut and paste them to where ever you want...

182, turbo rx8, 911

Just passing on information from the macrumors forum where several peopel claim to have done it this way and had no issues with it.

Pretty sure you can't do this as you have to activate the app, the best way to do this is jailbreak the mofo