ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One from Autosport - Neils 'Fastcar' 172

http://fastcar.co.uk/04570735435878491400/wurz-s-clio-at-autosport.html

Neils mega Clio that Fred and I have been working so hard on recently. We're both very pleased with how it turned out and it was great to see it on the Future Publishing/Fast Car stand at Autosport

clio-6.JPG

:)

Nissan 350z
Ah so this is what Fred was refering to when he said he had a project car in all next week. I wasnt aware there was a BTM Performance logo until now :D

M

mini-valver

Popped over and had a quick look today, will have a more detailed look over the weekend if I get 5 minutes. I'll be on the Lohen stand all day!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
looking good 'bone!

i think i'm going to be having that same airbox on mine :cool:

you won't be disappointed by the work, your not far from me are you? welcome to have a look when i bring it back

Popped over and had a quick look today, will have a more detailed look over the weekend if I get 5 minutes. I'll be on the Lohen stand all day!

i will make a note of it and come say hello, i will be up on sunday, whats your real life name?..lol

M

mini-valver

Dave, lol. Walk into the PIstonheads area towards the Alfa classic car area and you'll see us on the left. Got a few meetings to go to but if you ask for me and I'm not there, tell them you called and I'll come to the Fastcar stand fella. Be nice to have a talk through yours!

lift number 1 @ btm
cheers dude,

i would take you up on the offer, but i've just moved close to blackburn :(

what kind of numbers are you making now? pm if you want?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Nice job Matt and fred (+others i dont know) im sure you're glad to see it finished. I'd love more details on the airbox over the itb's should anyone in the know feel kind enough to pm me :)

The airbox picks up from the lower front grill area ensuring an excellent supply of ambient temperature air, it's also perfectly positioned to generate an amount of positive pressure in the plenum at extremely high speed - if anyone has a look at it this weekend make sure you get level with the lower grill and you'll see why ;) The airbox houses a large flat panel air filter approximately level with the bumper bar which is great for flow and turbulence reduction into the 'plenum'. The car runs our engine control with a custom loom which provides lots of future expansion possibilities (airbox pressure sensors, wideband lambda, speed dependant torque delivery etc. etc.). It'll be back at ours for final calibration shortly so I'm sure Neil will post the final figures in the near future.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
cheers dude,

i would take you up on the offer, but i've just moved close to blackburn :(

what kind of numbers are you making now? pm if you want?

see above mate,

Dave, lol. Walk into the PIstonheads area towards the Alfa classic car area and you'll see us on the left. Got a few meetings to go to but if you ask for me and I'm not there, tell them you called and I'll come to the Fastcar stand fella. Be nice to have a talk through yours!

no worries dude, will make my way over,

Mk5 golf gti
that is awesome
just been readin fast car where he refers to it maybe makin autosport
glad it did
was menna be there yday
but should be there on sunday :D

Lovely bit of fabrication work, fellas should be proud of yourselves :)

What sort of theoretical work was executed to create this design out of interest, or is more of a practical experiment?

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
Saw this today also, looked good till i saw the stretched tyres, perfect way to ruin any car:(

ITB'd MK1
Saw this today also, looked good till i saw the stretched tyres, perfect way to ruin any car:(

the best response ever given to someone questioning stretched tyres.....

Maybe a comet hits middrift, maybe your welder breaks, maybe your hood flies up, maybe you kill a baby. **** maybe, men dont live by maybe they look badass and die in a fiery wreck of awesome

Clio 172 RS2
The airbox picks up from the lower front grill area ensuring an excellent supply of ambient temperature air, it's also perfectly positioned to generate an amount of positive pressure in the plenum at extremely high speed - if anyone has a look at it this weekend make sure you get level with the lower grill and you'll see why ;) The airbox houses a large flat panel air filter approximately level with the bumper bar which is great for flow and turbulence reduction into the 'plenum'. The car runs our engine control with a custom loom which provides lots of future expansion possibilities (airbox pressure sensors, wideband lambda, speed dependant torque delivery etc. etc.). It'll be back at ours for final calibration shortly so I'm sure Neil will post the final figures in the near future.

Nice work on the ITB and that plenum!

Lionel Richie
its cool eh! trend setting is my bag ;)

has it been on track? no, but it will be (keep hat quiet though, i haven't told neil yet ;))

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
holy cow that looks awesome!

Sod the boddies thats the mother of all air filters ;)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Cracking stuff, well done Neil and Fred/Icarus/BTM...

The wheels look positively bland compared to that bay! After our road trip to France on those tyres, when the engine was basically standard, I would s**t myself on a track with it now!

TrackCar & F30 330d
WOW that looks amazing.

I really really really like that.

What rad and fan is it? I wont be buying one just yet but that little mod is what i'll do to my ITB's in about 7 months if its available :)

Top work :)

Lionel Richie
WOW that looks amazing.

I really really really like that.

What rad and fan is it? I wont be buying one just yet but that little mod is what i'll do to my ITB's in about 7 months if its available :)

Top work :)

the rad is custom made too with a kenlowe fan