ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Once, twice, threeee tiiiiiiiimes a phase onnnnnneeeee....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Daniel, you got any better pics of the wheels and spacers closer up? Also if you get a chance, can you measure the thread length on the front wheel bolts please?

Front bolts are 20mm longer than standard. Bought 8 of them off the bay a couple of years ago.

I'll get some better pics once I've cleaned it in the week.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it baldy. Looks superb. Anthracite suits the Silver better but weren't you going for ph1s eventually anyway?

Always loved willy wheels on the 1*2! Very jealous. I want a Titanium one!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ah I see, you got the longer bolt type. No worries.

I see a set of willy wheels for sale the other day (although there now sold) and it got me thinking if I decided to get rid of the F1's at a later date, what it would look like on 20mm spacers.

It does look cracking on the black willy wheels :cool:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ah I see, you got the longer bolt type. No worries.
:cool:

Ah, you mean instead of bolt to hub type? Yeah we had these made for a track car ages ago.

If I decide to keep these wheels, I'll be buying the bolt to hub type as they're a lot easier when fitting the wheels back on!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Good stuff :)

Willy wheels deffo suit it better than the rotas.

I bet you miss the Impreza though when flooring it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Good stuff :)

Willy wheels deffo suit it better than the rotas.

I bet you miss the Impreza though when flooring it.

This feels broken in comparison. First time I drove it I thought it had a 1.2 engine In it.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
This feels broken in comparison. First time I drove it I thought it had a 1.2 engine In it.

I'm the same after I drive my mates
Quite depressing!

It's funny, because I used to feel like that when I got in my old 1.2 after driving the 182....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice one farmer dan. Looking forward to seeing the final result.

I've found a clio van cheap in Banbury. I want to buy it, get what I want off it then scrap it.

If I get it, i'll bring your shocks up. :)

What tyres are on the williams wheels? Powder coated satin black made me wonder if they were the old set I had, though i suspect youve had the wheels years or something!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What tyres are on the williams wheels? Powder coated satin black made me wonder if they were the old set I had, though i suspect youve had the wheels years or something!

T1R's. I bought them from someone in essex. A member off here but I don't remember his name.

They're fcuked. Look like a dog has been chewing them.

The tyres seem to be invincible. I've done two track days on them and whilst the sidewalls are showing canvas, there is still legal tread on there! lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So I was dead in work today so I thought i'd tackle a few niggles...

The windscreen washer pump wasn't working. A quick volt meter check showed power so I rang euro car parts for a replacement. As I was giving my address, I spotted a mates clio in the corner of the yard. I hung up on euro car parts (politely) and rang him. He said he wanted to keep it but I managed to persuade him to scrap it. It's 3 inches deep in water inside and everything is covered in mould. And I mean everything. I'll get a pic tomorrow...

So I pinched his washer motor and got cracking removing mine.

Sadly, because this car has been passed around like a wh0re at a house party, there are lots of niggles. One of which was the glued on wiper arm. I tried and tried to get it off gently but in the end the stud snapped off. MAGIC!!!

A83C3D09-38FA-4813-B9F8-79FB4C1D1B8D_zpspyegsde2.jpg

So I went back accross the carpark and stole his wiper mechanism too. Sadly the wiring was different so there was a lot of fcuking about but I got there eventually. Basically the washer motor which normally takes 15 minutes took me 2 hours! lol.

66267F7A-9930-476F-A936-4C66AB3AA393_zpsyyawrm14.jpg

When that was finished I decided to grab a spare top inlet and paint it silver. I'm not a fan of colours in the engine bay and I like clean so I think I did good.
It was dull grey, painted with a brush or something. Now it looks a lot cleaner. :)

9DB19950-7C27-4C43-9AF3-3567FE719D47_zpstkqowaj9.jpg

Next up I noticed that mateys mouldy s**t heap clio had fog lights. So I pinched them and replaced mine as they were both cracked and letting in moisture. Fitted new standard bulbs as I had a set in my drawer. Just to be sure everything's tickety boo.

1899A84B-3445-4A57-BFD4-FC6E5DF8572B_zpscqmxxijh.jpg

No cracks, no moisture! :D

D257AEE1-D6D0-4A23-BE34-3F528E6217A3_zpsjtykdmxk.jpg

Pretty successful day! I may not have earned any money but I fixed a few jobs and none of them cost me anything so win win. :D

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I saw the cracked fog light before I started to read.
Was going to offer you the old ones from my car (no cracks, just stone chip's) but I see you've sorted it.

Cracking work mate, nice feeling knowing it was free. :D

Evo 5 RS
Makes you laugh when you see threads like this. Pomps over on PistonHeads are quick to jump on Renault for reliability. And then you have PH1s left right and centre that simply refuse to die...

Looks well too

ph1 clio
Glad it's gone to a carefull owner. I told jack to give me first refusal on it when he comes to sell it but being as it was just 4 weeks I hadn't had enough time to save some money up after buying a van,

i prefer the the grids but that's my opinion. Had willy wheels to go on but sold them for the grids

looking forward to seeing how it goes, any maybe if you come to sell it wouldn't mind owning it for the 3rd time to lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Another bit of tinkering today. Whilst I was waiting for some wheels and bits to dry, I decided to fit a new (2nd hand) throttle body that I had lying around as my current one decides to tick over at 2500rpm. Making me look stupid.

Swapped that over, problem solved.

Fitted some silver visions in the front

Got some silver visions for the rear but ran out of time so i'll fit them one night this week.

Removed the amp and sub ad then sold the amp and sub.

And finally fitted my new number plate light and super bright LED light bulb.

Only picture I took today as my phone's ran out of space! lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So I've finally put it back on the road!

Mot, tax and insurance so I'm all good again.

I had a spare hour at work today so I washed it, fitted my new wheels thanks to Wick and TheEvilGiraffe for those!

I also painted my rusty copper coloured nuts.

Still loving it but I really need a van and everyone keeps telling me not to butcher it.... so I expect it will be for sale soon. :-(

Some crap pics;

Old wheels off. They'll be getting refurbed silver and put on my mk1.

ape9ysy2.jpg

New wheels on:

zamusy4u.jpg

Old rusty nuts:

papuqabe.jpg

Quick rub with a scotch pad and a spray with some silver:

nyja5udy.jpg

Looking good!

tenyrevu.jpg

And how it stands now:

y8a6y7uh.jpg

y9u8y9eh.jpg

zypybaju.jpg

Now paint those nasty rusty callipers up.

You should van it up tbh, if you sell it, you'll only moan about it. At least if you van it up, you get to keep it.