ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old and Older! My new, old Clio PH1

Full Fat 182
I've recently begun a new job in which I'll be travelling a considerable amount of miles more than previously. Although it's paid milage, I've reluctantly taken the decision to take my Clio 182 off the road and convert it to a track machine. I therefore bought myself the most boring, pound saving car I could get my hands on (Polo Bluemotion; free tax, 70-80mpg) to increase my funding to convert my car.

On having it off the road for a week I realised it's far too nice a Clio to rip apart, and so I've bought a 172 Cup from a member on here. Or at least the insurance classes it as a 172 Cup. I am however a tad unsure as for starters it has Aircon, plus I'm pretty sure it hasn't got a cup spoiler? It has however got the PH1 Cup wheels.

All in all it's an utter shed in comparison to the 182, however it's had enough done to play well on track, and it seems to be pretty much all in order mechanically. Time will tell!

Here they both are together before I regrettably sell up hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

oldnewclios_zps225c69a7.jpg

Attachments

• old new clios.jpg
    old new clios.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 62

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ph1s were never cups.

I'm confused.

You've bought a car to save money, and then bought another car to save your nice car being used for its intended purpose ?

Full Fat 182
Ph1s were never cups.

I'm confused.

You've bought a car to save money, and then bought another car to save your nice car being used for its intended purpose ?

The 182 is in great condition. If I start throwing it around a track it'll get beaten up, seems like a waste IMO? Also I'm trying to save for a flat / house in Surrey and I figured if I start throwing yet more cash at the 182 to convert it, I'll end up more out of pocket than if I sell up. It is a seriously tough decision and I have thought about it for weeks and am still unsure to be honest. But if I damage the 182 I'de be pretty devastated, I wouldn't care if the 172 got damaged.

Also, I didn't realise PH1's didn't come in Cup version? I thought all the Clio RS's did, just as a stripped out lightweight version? I'm not entirely happy being sold a car advertised as a Cup that isn't, but it's coming up on insurance as Cup 172?